Friday, 9 January 2009

Designers & Black Ice

I mentioned in one of my last entries that the Design Team was setting up Fall 09 in our show rooms

The great thing about this is when something available to purchase, and you’ve been staring at it for the better half of a year, when you get it, you can actually say… “That’s sooooooooo last year”.

We have one designer who creates the most fabulous sweaters, & cardigans.

Anything, seriously ANYTHING KB designs, I fall in love with. (Bonus that they fit my girthy body)
I was poking through the Fall 09 proto box, and found a MUST HAVE sweater….
KB gave the okay to purchase the Proto, when she brought it to me; she also brought down another sweater (mock pea coat jacket style) that I’ve been in love with from day 1. MADE MY DAY!

So now I have two pieces which are to die for, that are a one of a kind from an up and coming designer that no one will ever have! Unless of course they decide to use it for a different year.

There are perks for working for a large clothing designer and having the design & tech team in the same office. J

We had one designer last year who was majority talented. She was on Project Runway Canada, and made it to the top 5. However, once she was cut, she did give her notice here and went back to a couture designer to work on her specialty. Recently she had her first Spring 09 show with the L’Oreal Fashion Week in Toronto and did fantastic! We’re proud of CW and wish her the best of luck.

On the way to work, I bailed 3 separate times on black ice. I’ve been waiting for the trail along the train to clear of snow, so I would no longer have to take the cramped bus to work from the station and could enjoy the silence of the trail (it’s a wide open trail) I’m sure I’ll hurt tonight or even tomorrow, since I did bail pretty hard all three times, the last time I managed to hurl myself slightly into the snow bank to soften the blow. Ouch. The bruises will be colourful I’m sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...