As you all know, I have bedbugs.
March 23 I made a verbal complaint to the superintendent.
March 23 HE booked an appointment to have my apt sprayed March 27.
March 24 I'm informed by letter only, that the owner says I'm 100% responsible for the cost of the exterminator. After the superintendent said they would take care of it.
So here is the update. I called the tenancy branch today and spoke with a TB officer.
I’ve been advised not to file the grievance against the property owner til AFTER the spraying has been completed.
Trying to resolve the dispute myself has gone unacknowledged by the property owner which gives me the right to file the complaint for repairs/covering costs of the exterminator. As he refuses to try and resolve this with me.
The fact they booked the appointment then told me BY LETTER that I would be responsible for the full cost, is not looking good for him according to the officer.
They told me to file for refund of filing fee’s and reduction in rent until all repairs are done and refuse to pay the cost of the exterminator. Regardless for his reasoning why he'd like me to pay.. He's in the wrong already.
(I could easily not have it done and let the whole building become infested.)
At which time they can not try to evict me,increase my rent as penalty, or to cover any of the costs of the repairs at any time. :)
I have most copies of requests/rejections for repairs, however the officer mentioned, just one or two requests for reasonable repairs that were denied would suffice. I have put in a request for the superintendent to forward me all copies of all requests, complaints, and rejections since 2002.
(I have most of them in the last 7 years)
Adding the lovely proof of the half ass job they do when rechauking the tub every year, instead of replacing all tiles and treating the mold….. ya that will fix the problem.
Asshole is going down!
And to think, all this could be avoided if he wasn’t such a jerk and thought he could slowly force me out…
As soon as I have all the pictures printed out, and copies of the requests etc.. I'll file the next day. The owner will be served a copy of my grievances and will be given a chance to do the repairs in a timely manner, or go to arbitration and have his name and company on file for negligence of maintenance. :)
Seriously picked on the wrong girl to try and push around and try to take advantage of.
He has a costly bitter fight on his hands now.
Please cross all your fingers for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
No comments:
Post a Comment