I Think the title says it all. End of Post.
Kidding.
I've been reading some dating blogs and a one that writes to me,
"Dating without Drama" Not sure how I ended up on this mailing list, but I'm glad I did. Some very valuable infor there.
As it turns out, I'm normal.
With my thoughts of confusion, giddiness, indifference's, etc... its all normal when it comes to dating.
The phrase/status people use to describe their relationships "It's complicated" makes more sense to me now than ever before.
New guy - D.R.
He's also 26, short, but works in stem cell research.
(ya ya I hear Mrs Robinson playing in the background)
I could see myself "dating" this guy. But we've started off as something more, errr I mean less meaningful. Too put it politely, he's meeting my short term needs. ;P
We get along great! He lives in town, texts me, calls, me, says HI for no reason.
We've disgusted exactly what we are, and its cool. No games, it is what it is.
That's where it becomes complicated. How can you not like someone who you get along with so well, communicate well, super honest from the start. We made plans to just "hang out" this week, no short term needs being met.... So we're what we are, and yet we hang out casually?
Ya, It's Complicated.
I'm glad I'm not alone on this. I've dating exclusively in the past and for many many years. I thought, you meet, you like, you date, you're dating, then you're exclusive. I don't remember dating more than one person ever til I turn 30. Then all of a sudden, I'm dating several men. Sometimes none.
I could say, I'll change my ways, cos I really don't dig dating more than two men at time, and my old rule was, once intimate, you were exclusive.
Those rules don't apply anymore. As much as I could live by them, the men I'm dating do not. So whats the point?
Maybe I'll start dating men from a church. Or from the far east like Nova Scotia, Halifax. Anyone I've met further east than Ontario, seem to have a whole other set of rules, manners, principles, morals that I Love!!
One problem... those men are already taken!
"It's complicated" now has a whole new meaning to me, a life of its own. Its a phrase/word that its self explanatory to most who have ever been in this sort of position. It's a complete sentence, it's a whole story. Two little words.
IT'S COMPLICATED.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
Truer words have never been spoken: "It's Complicated." The story of my life. Which dating blogs do you speak of love? I'm no where near ready to date but I love reading about it ;o).
ReplyDeletewww.datingwithoutdrama.com
ReplyDeletehttp://www.datingish.com/
http://muleos.blogspot.com/
(do I need to slap you)
http://datingdangerouslynyc.blogspot.com/
http://blog.canoe.ca/datingchronicles
http://www.glamour.com/sex-love-life/blogs/smitten/
and of course.. yours!