Does anyone know anything about researching churches, or what questions I should be asking in order to find something that fits me?
Questions I’ve come across while thinking about whether or not attending a church is for me:
-Do I need to practice and commit 100%
-To believe in Negotiable and non negotiable
(meaning you agree with some or all of what the “word” of that church is preaching)
-Can I go sporadically for guidance as I feel it’s needed?
-Will I be ‘accepted” if I don’t believe in all the word spoken or attend regularly?
-Is it like a full time volunteering?
In short, I have an idea of what I’m seeking, what I need to know is, are there places that are more modern in allowing spiritual guidance rather than praying to a “God”, and following the word of that church?
Can I get what I’m looking for without attending Church?
It may be easier to list the things I believe in etc and what I’m looking for at this point. Although I’m not going to post that here, as all parts of religion are private and really shouldn’t be discussed for public debate, as everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, for their own reasons.
I think there are only a small few than can discuss this openly and not ram their “holy than thou” attitude at me.
If you’re reasonably educated in the vase varieties of dominations out there, or have ever been in my position and curious to know what my beliefs are or are not, and may be able to guide me in a direction you think would be beneficial or simple suggest different questions I can be asking in order to get the answers I’m seeking, then fire me over a comment with your email and I will email you privately off the blog.
As I start learning about all this, one thing is definite. This is not an easy task.
There are so many things out there and every place changes slightly.
Who knows, I could complete this search and find nothing that fits me.
Do I even need to attend a church at all in order to find this guidance?
~Being Samiantha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
No comments:
Post a Comment