Wednesday, 3 June 2009

40 Things Before Turning 40 ~ The list 1-35 so far

Here is my list so far.... Please feel free to suggest things as I'm actually stuck as to what to add to my list....

40 before 40

In no particular order….and three years to get it done

1. Get a passport
2. Cook lasagna from scratch
3. Lose weight max of 80 lbs
4. Find and live with a exclusive spouse
5. Buy a newer car (mid suv)within 6 years of the current year.
6. Move to the island
7. Buy a NEW king size bed
8. Create Sunday dinners w/family/closest friends (first dinner July 19th)
(this is conditional, based getting people to attend)
9. Buy a Bbq
10. Be part of a creative photo shoot. (July 2009)
11. Get an enhanced drivers license (August 2009)
12. Learn to snowboard (I’ve lived in Vancouver my whole life never gone)*gasp*
13. Conquer the Grouse Grind again under 1.15 hours
14. Go snowshoeing
15. Spend considerable more time by the ocean. (since I live on the edge of the continent/pacific ocean is only 30 minutes from home)
16. Join a gym and attend (June 2,2009)DONE!
17. Buy my first set of golf clubs (taylormade- hear that Jeff - hook me up)
18. Get my teeth whitened(Sept/Nov2009)
19. Buy my first non disposable camera!!! yes my first.
20. Learn about personal financing and get mine under control(Signed up for a class June 9.09)DONE
21. Picnic more often, I'm surrounded by parks and ocean
22. Be a softer woman. Let men wear the pants and be men.
23. Go kayaking
(again, surrounded by water, you'd think I'd be more active, use to be)
24. Buy all new camping gear (all mine was ruined in a storm on the island- remember Kim? DG & DH- good times)
actually
24. gave me an idea for future entries.. list all my first date activies.
Blog idea DONE! June 2009
25. Tell my friends/family I LOVE THEM at the end of EVERY phone call. (a contstant process)
26. Buy a printer/scanner for home
27. Go to the Cabin in Kitimat,BC (Sept 2009?)DONE TICKETS ARE BOUGHT
28. Start To Save money. Real savings. Short/long term savings.
29. Fall in love (ya I know I cant force this, but I figure if I write it down it's more likely to happen)
30. Buy one new piece (or more if finances allow it) of new clothing and/or shoes a month or every second month if the item cost more...guess it would have been easier to write UPDATE WAREDROBE. lol
31. Make the effort to seriously smile more (whether its random or intentional)
32. Donate blood more often. (I'm O-Negative, so I should be doing my part to helps others more often).
33. Learn how to paint my apt
34. Stop needing acceptance from my siblings (Done)
35. Do more things for myself that make me happy
36.

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice! You certainly inspire me! I've got a list going to. But I'm more pressed for time so many a quick and easy, just never got around to doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I have a similar goal -- to do 40 things for turning 40. So far I have done 8.

    1. get a physical
    2. get a massage
    3. invest in skin care
    4. spend more time by the water (I really relate to your number 15 in that way)
    5. get a tattoo
    6. see Howard Jones in concert
    7. stay at a beach house
    8. take more walks

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...