Thursday, 4 June 2009

The Good. The Bad. The Ugly.

I’m an online dater.
Have been on and off for a few years now. I take a break from the site I use when the wacky ones start messaging me and I think… “Really, this is all I can attract?” ugh.

I’ve had some pretty good first dates, and unfortunately more bad ones, some short lived romances and more so, made more male friends/acquaintances.

In no particular order there are some of my FIRST dates. The Good The Bad The Ugly.

~ Went to the island (I’m in LOVE with Island men) and went camping with DG.
Originally that trip was suppose to be the two us, but ended up being a g/f visiting me from Ontario, and his b/f. It rained so hard I had to throw out my tent. We ended up sleeping 3 out of the 4 of us in a van squished together.

~Island boy – watched hockey, ate lasagna, walked the dog, and drank beers. He now lives with me p/t for his job. (Oh and has a new g/f)

~ I will usually take men out to the driving range so I can stare at their hinnies and beers for my dates. (Yes I even pay at times) my poor golf instructor liked me (it was mutual) and would see me bring these dates a few times a week etc.

~ Built a couch fort, got into our jammies, ate crap and watched movies all night like little kids.
GREAT TIME!

~~ Hiking around Rocky Point near my house, great date, good times.
Til we were on our way to meet up with some of my friends at a local pub. My date was pulled over by police and arrested. (We were in separate cars)
Turns out he was:
1) Out past curfew
2) Reporting missing from his HALFWAY HOME
3) Was a recovery drug addict
4) Had a box of needles in his back seat (which actually turned out to be his aunts…when….
5) His aunt reported her car STOLEN, and needed the needles for her diabetes
6) Yes there is a sixth… he was only 20 not 28 that he said he was (he looked 28)
The police said they would release him to ME if I would drive him home, otherwise he was going to jail and the car was being towed (it was already hoisted up) Of course my first thought was to ask if I was in any danger and explained we were on a first date etc. The cop took some pity on the kid and told me to give him a few minutes cos he was crying in the back of squad car.
Ya I drove him home, and he actually had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to see him again…. FML (fuck my life)

~ Met one guy, had the best manners and wooing technique EVER!! Went to dinner, instant sexual connection…. Use your imagination.
It was the longest 18 hour date ever! :) We're still friends.

~ One date picked me up, in steel toes boots, torn sweats and shirt. I asked if he had just come from work and he said “NO”. Longest 3 hours of my life. When he excused himself from the table (he actually just got up and walked away) the table beside us (maybe barely in their 20’s couple) the young man leaned over and quietly suggested, “I think you should get a headache before he returns”…. MADE MY NIGHT! And I promptly did that. I never thought I’d be one to use an excuse to get out of a date, I’m usually direct.

~ Another dinner date. This one was in an up and coming band in Vancouver, successful already in the USA. I’m not impressed with ego’s and rock stars, although I seem to date a few.
He sang to me at dinner. Ugh. FML

~ Another rock star wannabe, or so I thought.
Our first conversation on the phone he asked me what I thought of his profile etc, I laughed, cos his occupation was “musician”. “Great, another guy who thinks he’s an effin rock star”. Since then we’d been out with once or twice, he came over late one night ( my intentions were not honourable – giggle) we’re smooching on the couch and listening to music when I can feel his face getting red. Really Red. As it turns out, the song playing at the time was HIS! So ummmm ya, rock star. A successful one at that. I was more embarrassed cos I wasn’t a fan.  Only liked the one song.

~ Second coffee date with Mr Comedian. Our first date was good, mostly cos I couldn’t stop laughing; he was a Brit, moved here a month earlier. I love dry wit.
We meet at my coffee house were I’m a regular and everyone knows my name etc... He instantly suggests we “go back to my place” with a creepy tone. NO Thanks! I don’t have men in my apt until later on (lie but he doesn’t need to know that) long story short, he’s a grown man and threw a foot stomping hissy fit. YES HE DID! I stood there waiting for the punch line as onlookers gawked, the punch line never game. I left him there. I called a cop friend working around the corner and went and took him a coffee til I was sure Brit boy was gone.

~ Best for last.
FIRST guy I ever met from this site. He’d been traveling for a few months before we met. When he got home, (we’d been on webcam a lot during that time) we made plans to hang out.
The man is beautiful!!! Other men strive to be him! Women throw themselves at him. And yet he really has no idea how freaking ridiculously handsome he is…
He knew I was nervous since this was my first time meeting anyone from a site, made plans to meet up at his house and go out from there.
I arrive, bottle in hand, and he answers the door… NAKED! Yup naked.
If I had not been on cam with him a thousand times and knew what a jokester he was, I would have run screaming from the building. (Although if you could see him, you wouldn’t of) He invited me in, poured me a glass of wine and acted like nothing was out of order. (He did this to break the ice) he got dressed we had a good laugh and went out for sushi.
Went back to his place and I promptly football tackled him to the ground… long night :) It was our one and only date. We’ve been friends 4 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...