Friday, 8 January 2010

8 days into 2010 has proven to be to be a positive start compared to last year.
8 days into 2009 I had already had two dates from hell. A roommate that was shadey, friends even worse.

Everyday in 2010 has been different for me. I'm not a morning person, ever, nor do I ever fake it.
As of lately, I've been waking up in a decent mood, pleasant even. *gasp*
I'm still sensitive to the cold, but have been finding it most relaxing to walk about (bundled up of course) with the cold air on my face and quite enjoying it.

Although my body feels like that of an 80yr old, my mind is energetic, and I really hope my body allows me to play along. I've been stretching, will start going to the gym, cos I really do not like the aches and pains my body has endured in the last two years as a result of hurting my back.
There are times when I'm sitting and NOTHING hurts, no aches, nothing.... and I think, cool lets go snowboarding! Then I get up to do something and walking hurts some days.

I think it would be safe to say I'll be going to physio this year, instead of the chiropractor as my recovery.
I love the chiropractor, however stopped going about 6 sessions into, when I started becoming tighter and losing the flexibility I had.

Friends and men have improved. I'm not dwelling on those who do no make me happy, and until recently, hadn't thought about the man I stopped seeing forever. (I only thought of him cos someone asked me about the situation)

Friends of the past have either stepped up or stepped off.  For those who chose to step off. So be it.
Not bitter, sad, angry, only indifferent.  What catches me off guard a little, is how little effort on my part it seems to take to move on. 

I'm normally one to fight to the bitter end to try and make a friendship or romantic relationship work.  This year, letting it/them all go without much dwelling or effort. Learned to let go at some point. FINALLY!

I've seen how much growth I've earned over the years, usually only when I look back to where I was and where currently am. Never while it's happening. feeling free of drama and others negativities is an amazing feeling, and I highly recommend it to everyone.

Surrounding myself with great people. Although I might want to be your friend, and think you're great.... it may not be a compatiable fit.  Nothing anyone can do about that.

If relationships on any level are not mutual, there is no point trying to force the friendship or romance with that person.  Passing acquaintances or someone you spend only a small dose of time with. 
You're not a priorty friend who gets the intimate details of my day to day life.  Fair? I think so.

It's not meant to come across as rude, some relationships are meant to be short, long, etc, for whatever reason, (and I strongly believe in this) people come and go in and out of your life for a multitude of reasons. Hopefully we learn what those reasons where.

I like who I've become in the past year, and although the jounrey may have sucked, I'm here now and I like ME (Don't "they" say, you have to like/love yourself first before someone else will?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...