I've been viewing the life of those around me as going thru change. In reality, it's MY life going thru a big change! Who knew?
I've been so wrapped up in the life of my friends, their issues, well being and helping them, I didn't see the changes in my life blindsiding me until yesterday. I've changed.
My views and standards are different from my friends, that's okay.
*The ex shattered my heart then finally let me go. Which means I'm free to move on without worrying if he'll pop up again.
*The
*Another good friend opened her eyes and started living life again. yay!
Just with those few things (there are more) I've learned sooo friggin much about myself and how I've changed. Softer in some areas, harder in others.
*I've learned how to say "No" without explaining why.
*I've discovered I do know how to take care of myself. Harder said than done. But totally obtainable.
*I've also learned there are some things I do not like about myself, and will work to change those. Not for anyone else, just for myself so I can be proud and love who I am.
*I learned I actually have a handle on my temper and have been taking the higher road more often than not. (or picking my battles more carefully)
*Learned making excuses is self abuse. (I learned this of someone else but have applied to my own life).
*Learning to worry less about things and other peoples issues in general and just get on with my own life.
I could go on, but those are just a few off the top of my head.
So yay me! There was a blog I use to read (she doesn't write anymore) and her motto was:
"Change is the only constant"
This doesn't have to be a bad thing. So I'm learning.
In the past I've been told "you think too much, you need to learn to relax".
There is something to be said for thinking too much, it's how you apply it, voice it and act on it that matters.
Change can be a really good thing! So can learning about yourself.
ReplyDelete