I'm thinking about changing the name of my blog.
I'm learning more and more its probably best that I do not include my name.
I wont be changing the domain etc, and wont worry about previous entries, cos it is a public blog after all.
But I do increasingly like the idea of being more anonymous.
For those of you who read this blog, I would love to hear your suggestions on a new name based on what I write about or what you may know about me, here or in real life.
Ready....... GO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
I like the benefits of being anonymous :)
ReplyDeleteNew blog names? No idea! Open a random book and put your finger on word?
True but I still want it to reflect me a little and when someone random comes across my blog, I want them to stop and take a look.
ReplyDelete"Stop and take a look" reminds me of "Stop, Look, Listen, Think" which was a road safety campaign once here in the UK. Could that be a name? Or, to go with your picture, something like "(Was Today) Worth Getting Up For"
ReplyDeleteThanks Matt!
ReplyDeleteHow about "Being Me" ? no too dull?
I think "Being Me" is fine as a name - just don't know whether it's already been used quite a bit, but then that doesn't mean you can't use it too.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with the desire to be completely anonymous. And I also understand that when you are intentionally anonymous it can make it hard to have people become invested. I say do what makes you feel safe, blogging is a vulnerable act, and I found for myself something that I "had" to do to keep sane. When I had to stop blogging because of a stalker ex, it hurt, so thus the anonymous nature of things. Maybe pick a phrase that you feel reflects you - something you love or hate. A book, a movie...
ReplyDeleteSingle & Picky!
ReplyDeleteYes blogging is something I "had" to do to keep my sanity in the beginning. (not this blog)
I might use "Is the Juice Worth the Squeeze Anymore?"
I want to keep it uplifting but true to myself.
All of you are giving me excellent suggestions! Thanks, keep them coming.
I'm going to dissent on this one... anonymity is good cover for cowardice. What can't you say as yourself, really?
ReplyDeleteShouldn't you be able to be completely honest in your life? Just say "this is my name, this is what I feel" and let the chips fall where they may!
Just offering up a different perspective...
Caleb Samuel Shreves
Caleb - First I LOVE your name!
ReplyDelete- I'm not ashamed of what I write, but blogging for the most part(for me) is that I can vent, voice an opinion and dwell on things without annoying my friends. They are only so strong. lol
-I like to have the choice of who in my real life (friends, family, co workers, dates) I let read my thoughts, whether they be full of angst, worry, or joy. However, if they find me on their own, well okay, can't do anything about that.
It's easier in general(my opinion)to write completely uncensored when you have a little anonymity.
:)
I have to say I support you Samiantha, given there is very little privacy, instituting a public place to work through things, like friend stress and venting, while keeping it anonymous is a valid need.
ReplyDeleteI think as long as your aren't selling everyone else out - but using their names and locations that it is perfectly fine.
SP - Thank you!
ReplyDeleteI would never sell anyone out using their names.
Now, to pick a name, a saying.
Suggestions?
First I noticed a typo that is by not but, and hmm name - I believe you are a West Coast gal, so maybe something locational, The Grind (as in coffee, our beloved torture site or life itself)...
ReplyDeleteSo "The Grind: Trying to Find Fruit Worthy of A Squeeze" I don't don't know - those don't quite go together, but I think that might be helpful