Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Rumours = Job search update....sort of.

The other day I wrote Rumours = Possible Job Search.  The very next day a company wide email from the head office is sent out as a friendly reminder to everyone the following email. - paraphrasing here.

The email basically said as we become accustom to our gadgets and devices, it is to be reminded not to ever assume our the information we're sending or receiving from the work or work related devices are private.  Personal or professional. Ever. The company reserves the right to intercept, retrieve and review any message or files composed, sent, received or stored on the company’s computer systems or with its hardware. It should be noted that although a message or file has been deleted or erased it is still possible to recreate the message.


So you know where I'm writing this email from, right?  Work computer. Yup. I'm a bad ass.
Although the chances the things I write being of any interest to those who made be monitoring my updates. are slim.  They are personal and sometimes about the Bargle Company I work for. However I do change and protect all names of those innocent and/or guilty.  I'm not that stupid.

I'm sure one has nothing to do with the other, but find it very coincidence that this memo was sent out the day after I wrote about rumours. My opinion about the rumours are solely mine and not the opinions of the company as a whole.  Just saying.

The memo also went on about not sharing confidential information about the company in emails, PDA's etc.

So now you're up to date. Although for my own safety I'll probably post anything work related from my home computer, just to be safe. Period.  Can you say PARANOID?!!

Ok now that that is out of the way...(Can I use "that that" in a sentence? Caleb- grammar police, can you confirm please?) Okay back on track... Winter is around the corner and I'm really not prepared.
I need the following items in my wardrobe asap in order to survive this season October - February, and looks some what professional still while commuting by transit to and from everywhere.

*Pea Coat Jacket - in white or dark red. (no greys or blacks this year)
*New Ski Jacket - Burgundy or Black for those really bad snowy days.
*Rain boots - Hunter Boots (my favorite wellies) only come in a calf circumference of 16".. know how small that is? So I"m still on the hunt for good quality rain boots that will not only fit my "apparently" fat calf's, and be able to stuff jeans into them too.
* New Jeans, bras and panties - well just because.
*Flat foot ware that is warm and durable but not a snow boot. (already have those)
*Knee high winter boots - light brown maybe?

I'm sure I'm forgetting some items... I have the scarfs, gloves, and girlie toques all ready to go.
Any suggestions as to what else I may need? Please remember I'm a plus size gal (size 18) so my pieces are not easy to find with a quick trip to the mall. They also must have multi purposes.

Once I have those things, then I'll be ready. But with my luck, it will snow tomorrow or something.

7 comments:

  1. Good lord I think the whole fashion world's idea of calf size especially is messed up. Zappos.com apparently has a good selection of large calf boots, but my fear is that the ankle part is going to be too loose...

    I love the idea of a white pea coat but I love spilling things on myself so I have light grey coat and a deep pink coat. So red or what about royal blue, something bold but friendly to errant coffee...

    Ski jackets - MEC I think it's a good place to start

    Flat warm footwear... hmmm not sure, I would maybe go for a bootie?

    Lord, if you find good jeans I want to know where, I have been unable to find a good adult jean. You know the kind that isn't looking to show 3/4's of my torso, butt and muffin...

    Well as to lady accessories I love Victoria Secret, I know they aren't up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE MEC! Surprisingly Sport Chek isnt bad, but over priced. If I'm spending that kind of money I'm going to MEC or Taiga.

    I'm set on the colours for the pea coat.
    I dont commute and drink coffee at the same time... But I think I might stay away from the white as a daily commuting coat. I already have a white Isaac Mizrahi raincoat.

    Boots... booties (ugg types) Riding boots, calf boots etc.. who said there only had to be one? lol

    For ladies accessories, I shop at The Bay, ya being plus size, bra's and panties stop being pretty. I can shield a small child from the sun with my bra. (40DD).. goal with weigh loss is to be a 36C again and a size 10. If the boobs do not get smaller, I'll get a breast reduction.
    (have already talked to the doc about it)

    BTW we are getting a VS soon. :)

    Gawd, to be able to wear pretty bra's again and shirts that button!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah-- why is it then when there "is more of you to love" clothes stop being pretty? I have to order my bras through a catalog and I find that once your waist size goes past a point SOMEBODY decided that ALL pants MUST have elastic waist bands vs a zipper.

    These "rules" are just plain dumb and I- if I have forgotten to take my meds- have been known to tell a store EXACTLY what I think of their selection (or lack there of).

    I'm NOT "THAT" big!!!

    ~Kas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirts that button, I believe that is a fantasy. I know What Not to Wear has featured that custom blouse shop, but as you noted in your jeans post and even about the boots - WTF is with this "average" idea. Because I keep hearing it, and I'm supposedly "average" size, whatever the hell that is, and I can't find jeans, pants, skirts, blouses or anything that actually fits without major alterations. I don't believe a full C cup is huge, thus my medium blouse should be able to button nicely. Yes I have serious junk in the trunk, to the point I've had a drycleanner suggest I lose some when I took a skirt in for alteration... As to jeans. Let's just say I gave up last spring after almost crying in Levi's because I had tried on everything. Skinny jeans are evil and everything not was too tight around the junk, too loose at the waist, or too freaking low... After that well I was too traumatized to try again. I completely agree with the not spending an earth. I hear of women who spend 100+ on jeans and say it's the answer to fit problems. It isn't, the answer is redesigning clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like I opened a can whoop ass on the proper sizing of pants for women in general!

    You are 100% correct, redesigning clothes to fit real women by women for women is the answer.
    Not of this drafting then adding inches as the standard size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait a damn minute!!! A drycleaner suggested you lose some weight? I hope you do not do business with them anymore. WTF!

    What gets me about being a plus size now, is how people preceive me. A lot of people just assume that if you're overweight you must be lazy or unhealthy.

    I actually had a co-worker here give me grief about taking the elevator up to the second floor. (I hate stairs) Her comment was "You wouldnt be so unhealthy if you took the stairs more often".

    I had to stop her right there and 1) tell her to get some tact, 2)I'm overweight, not unhealthy, there is a difference and for you to make the assumption I'm the latter just shows how ignorant you are.
    ....Needless to say, she's never made a comment about my elevator usage or my health ever again.

    People in general need to open their eyes and stop assuming, or simply ask a person how they got to be where they are now.

    I've been elite fit all my life til the last 8 years when I gain 80 lbs in less than a year and havent been able to shake it. The term "stress can kill you" took a new life for me. Stress, post trauma stress to be exact is the result of my weight gain. Not laziness or being unhealthy.

    Not bitter at all, I wouldnt change this experience for anything, however, I wont miss the fat me when she's gone. But the lesson will stay forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kas - I hate the "comfort waist" that is becoming the norm in jeans now. Ew. I"m not pregnant nor do I want to wear clothes that feel like I might be.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...