*Are you for, against hook ups and/or blind dates?
*How far will you go for your g/f to take one for the team?
*Are there guidelines and given "outs" for the night, or are you left to fend for yourself while she does the nasty?
I'm against forced hook ups.......
My friends see what I dated in the past then have attempted to set me up with someone they wouldn't date themselves!!! So he’s not good enough for you but he is for me? Wow!?
One of which had mouth cancer. Nice guy, but I’m not about to invest into a relationship with a man who may lose his tongue, nor am I going to kiss him while it’s black and so are his gums…. (call me shallow, I simply do not care). – I rarely speak to the friend that set me up on this date anymore. Since she verbally made it known she did not think I was of caliber to date men of certain status. ...her opinion only. Wow.
I learned a lot from that set up. I no longer set people up. I have parties or group settings of sorts and inform both parties that the other will be there. If they hit it off on their own, great! If not, there are many people to mingle with, with no obligation to force a hook up cos I thought it would be good for them.
I set myself up on a blind date once. In high school I was IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT with JW.
But, he had a g/f. First year of college a g/f came to me and said there was a guy in her crim class that she thought I’d like. I was skeptic until she told me his name, I nearly pee’d my pants. It was JW. I told her only to find out if he still had a g/f and I would take care of the rest.
Upon finding out he was indeed single, I called him up and introduced myself. Made a date.
8 years later we ended our relationship. Simply cos we no longer wanted the same things for a future after we graduated college etc. (side note - it's been 12 years, we talk monthly and he's married to a doctor and just had his first child :))
I however have been the wing woman to a
That same g/f broke an even bigger g/f code last year, which has since changed the dynamic of our friendship forever.
It was Mother's Day, and I was having a blah day. Called her up asked her if she wanted to watch cheesy movies and eat crap all night...
1) cos we were both broke.
2) it's the comfort things girls do to cheer each other up) etc.
She claimed to be tired and was going to stay in, was low on gas, had no money etc... Fine... I get it.
Here is where the code was broken.
We're both online daters. We compare men we're talking to just so we don't cross contaminate etc. It's worked in the past, or so I thought. There was a guy I had been talking too and actually liked. It had potential.
Chatting him up that same night he told me he had a last minute date that night. (less than an hour after getting off the phone with the g/f and 11pm at night). That this random girl messaged him wanting to meet up for snuggles and a movie....for a first date!!! (code - sex).
Since we met online, I asked if she was from the same site and if he was comfortable showing me her profile. He was. Any guesses who I saw? MY FRIEND! The one who an hour before claimed to be too tired to put in friend time for the emotional wreck I was. I never said anything to either of them. (although he now knows and had he known at the time, claims he would have turned it down, thought us being friends and her contacting him was shady, even from a guys standard).
I ended contact with him shortly after he confirmed they slept together that night. (for just over a year, we've started chatting again) I stopped sharing information about the men I was talking too, with her. Actually stopped contacting her first. How many other times had she done this?
Granted it's a dating site and everyone is a free agent, but to deliberately message someone that I was into?
So she drove twice the distance pass my house to hook up with a guy she messaged only an hour earlier, that she knew I was interested in and was making lead way with.
Girlfriend codes were broken on an unforgivable level.
Before you ask me what am I doing still being friends with her, well I'm not. I've blocked her from seeing anything on my facebook (short of de-friending her all together), and went thru her facebook list of friends and harvested any men I thought were worthy. :)
I deleted them shortly there after, cos I didn't want to stoop to her level on a permanent basis.
She calls me from time to time. I reply in the same amount of time it takes her to reply to me.
And I use her own excuses back on her.
The following are excuses she's used for not returning calls, msn, texts, or emails.
*Too many electronic options to contact ppl, its overwhelming.
*I didn't get the msg.
*Phone died.
*I didn't have anything to say etc
*Wasn't in the mood to talk.
I took a few lessons from having this
So something good came from it.
Wow, that's crazy. That is definitely not a good friend. I can't even imagine finding something like that out. I would have confronted her immediately - I just can't keep this stuff inside!
ReplyDeleteAs far as set ups, hook ups, I'm good with set ups if someone has good intentions. Like they think the person is a really good match. I'll give anything a try. But if it comes with a bunch of preconditions and ulterior motives, I don't think I'd go through with it...
SOLO - my first reaction was to kill her. But instead I decided to use this information to remind myself she's not a loyal friend when she's sitting in front of me pretending to have my back.
ReplyDelete