Three months ago I started taking some meds and a topical cream for my face.
Stopped (cycle over) and whola, my face is a mess.
I have an appointment with my dermatologist tomorrow, nice timing.
When you see the photo's, please explain to me how I'm suppose to tell her the treatment worked, until now.
Today was Remembrance Day, a statutory holiday in many countries including Canada (excluding 3 provinces). Realizing I had run out of coffee, I ran to the cafe to grab something and treat myself to something a little more special than drip brew and enjoy the parade. Overwhelmed with the decisions, I opted to go for drip coffee with sugar free hazelnut syrup. YUM.
The parade starts and finishes in front of my suite, so I do not even have to brave the cold to watch it. :) After shedding a few tears and waving back to the vets who wave and wink at those of us on our patio's, I thought it's time to shower.
As soon as the water hit my face I knew something wasn't right. It burned like a thousand suns, and stung like I had road rash on my face.
When I got out and looked in the mirror, this is what I saw. Note: it did NOT look like this prior to having my coffee.
Please forgive me, these are not pretty. My face is extremely sore, and swollen.
The lighting sucks, I couldn't find the back-light features.
Picture No.1
Picture No.2
Seriously, how do I explain to the doctor that my face was clear and that it's not an excuse to avoid another treatment.
Even worse, I have to go to work tomorrow looking like this and I can not wear ANY makeup. not that any amount of studio makeup could work any magic right now, nor to I want to anger whatever this is, anymore.
I took 20mg of reactin allergy pills to see if it would help or lessen the burn.
Nope. Cold compress from a frozen mug, gave me temporary relief. It is so hot, the frozen mug thawed in minutes. :(
So, I think I'm warranted to say FML! No one is going to date me looking like this!!!


OMG you need to see the Dr pronto! That definitely looks like allergic reaction....good luck! keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteLike I said, having a follow up dermotoglist appointment tomorrow couldn't have been better timing if I tried.
ReplyDeleteI'll keep you posted for sure.
Aside from the look and burn of it, the rest of me feels just fine.
I don't know - I would say given the sudden onset and that it looks like it is primarily on one side that it is something else - ie. not acne. Allergies? Maybe. Maybe it is that combined with the change in temperature in these parts - my skin went funky dry this week. I am sorry dear I really don't know what to say other than cold compress is probably not a bad thing - but given it is Friday i am assuming your Derm gave you an answer
ReplyDeleteI see her today at 2:30pm.
ReplyDeleteBlog update to follow, I'm sure.
Today they "feel" like rough calluses or scabs etc.
I will file a friggin lawsuit of sorts if I find out this is more bedbugs etc. There is no reason that I can think of that this should be happening. At all.
Needless to say, I'm cranky, annoyed and emotional about it right now. More so cos I'm at EFFIN WORK! and some of my co-workers have the tact of retarded monkey when they approach me about "whats wrong with your face?"....
Wow, you actually went to work?! I would have totally taken a sick day! It does seem like an allergic reaction of some sorts. Hope it gets better VERY soon!
ReplyDelete