Monday, 8 November 2010

Friendship Obligations

My house guest from Nov 09-May 10 has been up to her usual ways lately.
I haven't had any contact with her since May, however she is still giving out my house phone number as her own.

In the past week ish, a credit card company, an employment agency and I believe her cell phone provider (creditors) are looking for her.  They've been leaving messages quite a bit, but today, there were three nasty messages for her.

I called each other them back advising she no longer resides at this number. Two of the three were happy to get a new phone #. The employment agency was another story.

Apparently she signed on with an employment agency in her province last week. They've called to advise of an interview etc. When I called to give them the correct phone # etc, they advised me that the day she came in, she gave them THIS number.  Which if you look back in my blog you'll know she wasn't so much leaving her abusive spouse as much in hind insight that she was actually taking a vacation from being a parent and adulthood. (I learned a little too late on that one)

Good move.
Give them a listing you wont be able to be reached at. Therefore, you'll wont have to work.
This is a move she's probably pulled to apease the ex (who she is living with again - but not together) so he thinks she's actively looking for work but of course isn't getting any call backs...

Well that changed.
I gave all the people looking for her, her house line. The one the ex checks regularly, the one she doesn't.

This isn't the first time she's scammed or gone to great lengths to avoid actually working. Or getting more for nothing. While she was staying with me; she collected EI here, Child tax from another province(illegal) and took a student loan here, shortly before she moved back to the other province.
Fraud Fraud Fraud on so many levels.

It's amazing how some people will go to those lengths to take advantage of, scam, or find another way to bring in money. When in reality, that probably takes more effort, covering your ass with lies, than it would to just go get a job.

I'm sure I won't be hearing from her, or getting anymore phone calls to cover for her when she learns that all those people (and anyone who calls) will now have her proper contact information. Not sure what gave her the impression I would? Or maybe thought I'd just ignore the calls, or too sheepish to do anything about it.
After 23 yrs, she should know better. When pissed off and have met my limit, I'll fight fire with fire and give you your own dose of medicine.

Hope all the effort put into avoiding reality and adulthood is paying off for you.

I'm no longer under any friendship obligations to cover your ass. You've got what's coming to you. Karma is a bitch. You put out so much negative energy into the world, it's bound to find you and return 10 fold.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like its a good thing she left , but who does that? I can't stand it when people give out my number, but way to give them back to her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7 months in and she still had not done anything to get back on her feet, I asked her to leave.
    She (my best friend of 23 yrs) was a house guest, and week by week, took over my apt, put up shelving, had her new b/f over more than I was ever home. (who btw was unemployed too)...

    Her moving out wasn't what ended our friendship. It's the things I learned about during and after... The lies. So many lies. I opened my home to her in a time of need and not only did she take advantage of it, and me, she tried to dominate the space as the alpha dog. ....
    Um Hell no.

    I could go on and on and on... bottom line is, some people thrive on trying to get something for nothing, rather than just going out and getting it honestly.

    I may have to blog about this more, as it's starting to become clear to me I'm not done ranting about it.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...