Monday, 1 November 2010

November is booked solid. My body betrayed me.

I'm quite the social butterfly this month.
Actually it's nothing out of the norm for myself to be busier in the winter months than in the summer.
In the summer I'm just too tired from the heat to entertain.

This month aside from going to dinners, hosting dinners, I'll have friends in town, donating more blood, having my annual womanhood poked at by my insanely hot gyno.

Yup, he's my age and hot. TMI ALERT!
I have to distract myself by counting the holes in the ceiling tiles when he has to feel my cervix. Then am promptly embarrassed when he tells me to "relax".  Ugh. I wonder if he goes home at night and tells his wife who is excited to see him... ."hunny, I swear, if I see one more today...." lol

Normally I would go thru planned parenthood for my annuals, but alas I'm off that age now, I need to see a regular gyno doctor. :(

More recently, I feel like my body is betraying me. 
I'm feeling run down, in bed before 9 most nights for the last 3 weeks. No tolerance level for alcohol, no appetite, and my bathroom duties are on the fritz too.  Needless to say when I went to the doctors on Saturday for a check up my elbow,(torn muscle) we got to talking and next thing I know, I'm being written an requisition for blood work on my thyroid(twice a year) diabetes, my liver, cardiac artery disease, stool cultures, all cholestorals', and testing for celiac.

If everything comes back normal he'll probably suggest for me to start taking vitamins etc
I mean 3 weeks ago, aside from my elbow and hormonal acne, I was feeling just fine. Well, minus my bowel behaviour, which I won't bother you with the details, but I will tell you, it's been an on-going thing for 20 years.  For the most part it's been stable and behaving...until now.

I've made it clear I do not want to be on any meds unless its necessary. I've watched my siblings take something for the ailment, something for that cos it upset their stomach, something for the side effects of that etc... next thing you know, they are on a cocktail of meds for the original pill. No thank you.

I have a 3 pill rule. My thyroid.... then there is room for two more a day if needed.  yes I could taking Motrin as a pill, when I feel the need to take it.

So I have a feeling this holiday season is going to be semi-dry. Which I'm okay with. Since when I do have a small glass of wine or a beer. I feel like I drank a case of whatever.... so.not.cool.body...just saying.

I will be making the best of everything this month, since it's going to be full of shit and giggles. :)

3 comments:

  1. Is this contagious because I feel like I gave you the disease of my decrepit not old though it feels like it body. I will say that after starting a Candida Albicans treatment thing as of late things have been better - I know there is a whole freaky diet that goes with it but I cannot bring myself to do it because I'm in the middle of training - carbs are my friend (they always are)... anyways I know you don't want to do more pills have you considered I don't know yoga, a cleanse (not the freaking hollywood kind) - there are Ayrurvedic versions etc. There are different strokes for different folks as one of my friends would say - but try out the acupuncture if you get desperate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S&P - wow Candida eh? A co worker has lived most of her life being told she was celiac only to find out a few months ago that its candida...yeast is in EVERYTHING! No wonder she's a size 2-4. :(

    I do yoga twice a week here at work. (ya we have a yoga room and an instructor who comes to us) :)
    It helps with digestion (sometimes) but more so keeps my head clear and assists my sleeping patterns. :)

    I get the results Nov 20th unless they call me in sooner. I've run away with it all in my head, read more than I should, then gave up. I mean no point stuffing my brain with a tone of new information for something I may or may not have. Until I get the results I'm going to stay put.

    I don't believe in cleanses unless its a medical purge to clean the colon before a colonscope. Otherwise I'm not interested in putting myself thru that.

    Right now I'm more concerned finding my mo-jo (have you seen it?) and getting my appetite and alcohol tolerance(just a little) back.

    When I run across some kind of alternative healing options that intrigue me, I'll run it pass my doctor first to make sure I'm not doing more harm than good, then give it a try, should I get the green light.

    How are you dealing with the candida? Do/did you have to see a dietitian for guidance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have talked to my acupuncturist about it - she says it can't hurt - at this point I've tried just about everything to try and get my mo-jo back - sorry dear I think both of ours took a vacation - I'm just hoping mine isn't permanent.

    I am in the middle of training for a marathon so no sugar/carbs is not an option. I'm taking a herbal supplement, Bio K (pro-biotic) and being really conscious of my added sugar intake and no bread/yeast. It isn't the ideal diet, which is where you remove basically everything except protein and vegetables.

    I worked for my family doctor of 6 years her belief is in my case if it works and isn't obviously going to be harmful then do it. I've considered doing the Ayurvedic "cleanse" not because I think we need our liver's cleaned and all that business but I know since the little change in my diet I don't have the crazy sugar cravings and I'm realizing just how sweet everything is - too sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...