I had a thought for an entry, last night.
I can see myself typing it all out, making excellent comical points. Proud of myself for the cheeky entry.
Turns out, I was dreaming... Never happened.
I only learned that when I signed on this morning to see if any readers had commented on it. :(
That post might actually still come to life, as I can recalls bits of it still.
In the last month, I've been having very vivid dreams. The weird part is when I wake up they are more like memories of events that have already happened, I've tried to follow up on a few with friends, only to be looked at like I've grown a second head from my shoulder. The last one before last night, cracked myself up.
I dreamt that I was dreaming. I even woke up shaking my head how random and weird it was etc.. Only to discover that I woke up from that dream... making sense? I was dreaming I was dreaming, woke up in my dream and then again for real. Two dreams in one? Okay I may not be articulating this to the best of the stories abilities, but it has left me feeling a little crazy and wondering about my own sanity.
I've always been under the impression dreams are made of fantasy and you'd have the ability to wake and clearly know it was not real. Not random stuff of doing the dishes, making phones calls etc, just everyday stuff. Okay before you call the psych-ward, I'm well aware how this makes me sound a little schizophrenic.
Quite a few years ago, while recovering from a bad bout (7 yrs) of insomnia, I was told by roommates at the time, Douchebag (before we dated) and The Other, that I slept walked, often. They knew of my problems at the time and would redirect me to bed.
I'm starting to wonder if it's happening again. That these dreams, cos they are just of everyday things etc, that I'm actually doing them while I'm sleeping. Making them real, not dreams. Hence why they feel more like a memory than a dream. Since I live alone again (no roommate ever again) I have no way of knowing unless a house guest/friend/boyfriend spending the night catches me in the act and KNOWS I'm sleeping.
I never tend to talk openly about the side effects of dealing with depression in past years. However now that I'm in a much healthier place, mentally, physically, emotionally, I can talk about them (outside psychiatrist sessions) without feeling like a prisoner of my own mind.
If these dreams/memories continue or increase, better believe I'll be talking to my psychiatrist about it.
Could be as simple as a small lapse of depression as Xmas is coming up in a month. But it makes for some interesting dreams. lol .
In the end, I'm sure it's nothing. Just a blip. A funny one though. :)
Friday, 26 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
Yes dreams are a funny thing and sometimes they scare me...I think they are totally healthy though! I wrote a blog about my dreams and a few of my fellow bloggers wrote about theirs as well...I love it when I can remember them...Your not schizo just normal !
ReplyDeleteSSW - Thanks.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure its nothing, but I do suspect I might be sleep walking/talking/texting/emailing.. lol
How far back is your post about dreams?
My dreams have been really vivid for the past couple of months. And they incorporate real-life things so that I wake up going "Did that happen?" Sometimes I wake up feeling like I didn't sleep at all b/c I'll have a work-related dream that stressed me out just enough to be half-way awake.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I've ever sleep-walked though.
CB- Thanks for the comment, welcome to my blog.
ReplyDeleteThe other night I dreamt I was holding a baby - hmmm that would make it a nightmare seeing my youngest is 18 and I have no plans on more children!!!
ReplyDeletehttp://theanonymousperilsofassw.blogspot.com/2010/10/stranger-than-fiction-dreams.html
ReplyDeleteI post it October 28th. Love reading about other peoples dreams!