Wednesday, 1 December 2010

40 before 40 update

Woot!
I'm crossing a few more things off this 40 before 40 list !

*Black - Haven't even attempted yet.
*Blue - Complete or on going
*Purple Italic - Fail or opted out of doing.

1. Get a passport


2. Cook lasagna from scratch- done.

3. Weigh in at 135 lbs
4. Save up an emergency fund of $5000- started saving, but dipped into it.
5. Buy a newer car (mid SUV) within 6 years of the current year.

6. Move to the island Fail .Not by the time I'm 40, but it will happen.

7. Buy a king size bed - DONE!

8. Create Sunday dinners w/family/closest friends - Fail

9. Buy a Barbeque

10. Be part of a creative photo shoot. (July 2009)- Fail - opted out.

11. Booked to Renew my enhanced drivers license - Jan 2011

12. Learn to snowboard (I’ve lived in Vancouver my whole life never gone)*gasp*

13. Conquer the Grouse Grind again under 1.15 hours
Just not interested in putting my body thru that again. = Fail.

14. Go snowshoeing
15. Spend considerable more time by the ocean.

16. Join a gym and attend  DONE(June 2,2009)

17. Buy my first set of golf clubs
18. Get my teeth whitened - looking to see if my dentist can cover this.
19. Buy my first camera!!! (see spare, take a photography class)

20. Learn about personal financing and get mine under control. Work in progress with Smart Cookies, Vancouver based Company, Finance for women by women.

21. Picnic more often, I'm surrounded by parks and ocean

22. Be a softer woman. Let men wear the pants and be men. - Work in Progress -Employed Elizabeth Singleton - aka Love Coach(Dec 09) This is harder than I though. March 2010

23. Go kayaking (again, surrounded by water, you'd think I'd be more active, use to be)

24. Buy all new camping gear Fail

25. Gave me an idea for future entries.. list all my first date activies. Blog idea - Done
26. Tell my friends/family I LOVE THEM at the end of EVERY phone call. (a contstant process)

27. Buy a printer/scanner for home

28. Go to the Cabin in Kitimat,BC (Sept 2009) DONE
29. Be more consistent as a person. Manners, calmness etc. On going.

30. Go to the dentist.- Booked Dec 20th ,2010

31. Update wardrobe to be more stylish/professional.- Ongoing
32. Make the effort to seriously smile more (whether its random or intentional)- Work In Progress
33. Donate blood more often. March, September, December,2010 and on going.

34. Learn how to paint my apt.- the museum is teaching me, but havent painted yet....
35. Stop needing acceptance from my siblings - 100% DONE
36. Do more things for myself that make me happy. On Going

37. Improve my flexibility with yoga. Up to twice a week now. I have a love/hate with yoga.


38. Do 10 full push ups in a row.

39. Love freely without the fear of being hurt.(enough said D)-work in progress
Employed Elizabeth Singleton - aka Love Coach(Dec 09)

40. Send post cards of Vancouver to family back east. (who doesn’t love getting post cards)

Spares
41. Build a network of professional contacts. - Done and on going
42. Take a photography class.(only when after I purchase the camera.....)
43. Frame pictures of family & friends. on going.
44. Get my eyes examined. Feb 2010- Done
45. File 2008 taxes -Done
46. File 2009/2010 Taxes in Feb 2011

7 comments:

  1. Good list! You can do all! I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SSW- Thanks so much!

    When I started this list at first I was told I should be a little more ambitious with my goals.
    I thought about it for a bit, then decided these are MY goals, they surround a more social decorum.

    Most of these get me out of my comfort zone and prevent me from procranstinating too long.

    So thanks again for not tearing into my list asking "why" I have the items I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this list idea - might have to do one of these some time. Hope the dentist appointment goes fine when it comes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good For you-- everyone needs goals and goals are a personal thing! I have faith that you will accomplish whatever you set out to do.

    As for me... eh, not so much! For one, I'm already past 40 (41!) and for twosies... I pretty much have no will power to do stuff like that.

    I think I suck sometimes.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Kas - Normally I don't think I'd do a list like this either. However by doing so, it makes me more accountable for the things I've been putting off. Like going to the dentist etc.
    Now that it's on the internetz I have annoymous people who can hold me to it too...

    I'm a list maker. I have to send myself an email a couple times a week of "To Do Tonight", cos it's on a list, I HAVE to do it... mostly of chores etc, but I have a tendanies to put things off and off then end up with hours of work to do. I hate that, so I make my little ocd work for me.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...