Monday, 20 December 2010

8 Years Overdue.

I had my first dentist appointment today in 8 years.

I've grown up with genetically crooked teeth. I've had them pulled (18 in total), cavities filled, braces. I had too many teeth for my mouth and still have more than the normal.  Thankfully now I have beautiful teeth. 

So I have beautiful teeth now. Straight, white, clean.  I take care of them, but considering all the time I've logged in the chair since I was a wee child, you'd think I'd do my duty and go for a checkup twice a year. Nope.

Surprisingly today's appointment went extremely well. I still have the same hygienist from 8 years ago and we just picked up where we left off. Caught up on our lives etc.  I actually like my dentist. He's cool, handsome, always smells good and is up on current topics. He specializes in children care, so you know he's got a great chair side manner and is ridiculously gentle.

The outcome.... I have 1 cavity.  A small one. And since my health coverage at work is pretty great, my filling in porcelain will also be covered as a regular filling, not a cosmetic one. Score!

Most of my time in the chair over many decades hasn't been for cavities thankfully, but mostly to rid of extra teeth and straightening them.

I go back next week to finish the cleaning and get that filling.  That will require drugs to calm me, as I've never been good at getting freezed and being drilled. :(

3 comments:

  1. I had a 'mini-panic-attack' just reading this! I also had too many teeth and braces and this and that and AGH-- I have to take a pill to get to the dentist, one more when I get there AND then I can get in the chair where I get gas AND novicaine!! This includes for cleaning as well.

    I'm a baby. Posted abt this on my blog- check it out....

    Good Luck!!

    ~Kas

    ReplyDelete
  2. kas- They started giving me gas before the novacaine after I hurt my hygenist. She was holding my hand, telling me to squeeze it hard etc.. she never made a sound. Upon my next visit her hand was wrapped up! I had sprained her hand while getting the needle!!!!

    I felt soooo bad. Sent her flowers etc omg the person who could fuck up my mouth, and I hurt her..must-make-it-better!!!

    So it's in my chart now, not to hold my hand. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, 8 yrs and only one cavity?? I have a cavity each year when I go! No fair haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...