Thursday, 9 December 2010

As I was reading feel the tide blog & it reminded me that I haven't updated you guys on the changes I've made to my diet.

It's only been 3 weeks since I wrote here  about the changes I've made since learning my sugar level are just 2 points shy of becoming a type 2 diabetic.

I'm paying more attention to what I'm putting in my body. Of course I've relasped and ordered a pizza, but it was so worth it. I even threw out a sucker today. About 30 seconds after I put that sucker in my mouth, I thought to myself, "Crap, this is sugar and this counts". In the garabage it went.  Wasn't overly sad about it neither.

I've decided that Coke Zero taste better than Diet Coke, and if I realllllly feel the need for something  like pop, Coke Zero will be it.  I tried a carbonated flavoured water, barf, the pain it caused me in gas was so-not-worth-it.

I won't update too often about this cos I don't want to bore you guys.

I understand it's going to be a slow process, it's already been 3 weeks and I feel better.
I'm not nearly as bloated and my stomach is slimming down. Thats not to say I'm losing weight, cos I'm sure that has not changed. In just 3 short weeks, I find I'm not tugging on the back of my shirt to make sure it hasn't ridden up more than what's acceptable.

I'm not finding cooking for one a chore as much any more. :-)
My grociers bill has been cut waaaaay down. I usually allocate $150 every two week for food.
So far I'm spending roughly $30-$40 a week right now.  I can still eat out. My drink choice recently  has been hot water, while in the past I would have ordered a beer, just because I can.

I wouldn't say I have any more energy as of yet and still heading to bed hours earlier than normal.
I foresee exercise being introduced sooner than later. Baby steps folks, baby steps.

I think that is all for now.

3 comments:

  1. Baby steps are the best way to go. It will feel less like a chore, or painful or depriving.

    As for the carbonated water - sorry to hear that it did that to you, I've found that 3/4 water and 1/2 pure fruit juice works for the bubbly sweet something craving but whatever works for you. If you do return to the water - check out the sodium levels some of the brands are ridiculously high.

    As for the pizza, we all have our moments, if you want it, what I would suggest is have a big salad while you wait for the pizza person to deliver, order a pizza on thin crust (not the PH deep dish) and with a respectable amount of veg on top. OR even better - buy an Amy's Frozen pizza or a good whole wheat crust - Whole Food's sell fresh and frozen whole wheat pizza dough. That way you can schedule out that craving - if you know that PMS time = pizza, then load up on all the good for you good stuff to go on - like fresh basil etc. and then make it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S&P - Thanks.
    I'll try the fruit/water thing for sure.
    Salad is out, as I can not eat lettuce. :(
    But I get your point. The pizza was from Me N Ed's. Yup I do it right the first time. They dont use any processed foods at all. Everything is made fresh in front of you. Stupid expensive though, but if I have to have pizza, that is where I get it from. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn forgot the lettuce thing - cut veg instead? And sounds like you're a smart cookie or carrot? don't doubt your choices.

    As to the juice - I use that policy even with orange juice - 3/4 water 1/4 juice, doesn't taste as awesome and pulpy but I can have more without feeling the sugar rush

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...