Monday, 20 December 2010

Museum Crazy C Update

This past Friday I had a great day at the museum. A first in a long time.

The curator and I were working together etc and he asked if I was going to miss my weekly drink with CC?
I rolled my eyes, smiled and whispered I was glad for the break. *wink*

3 hours went by swimmingly and as everyone left we were left behind to finish up some things we'd started that take two people etc.  I mentioned I knew it went without saying, but to please not mention what I said about needing a break.  As great and perceptive he is, he initiated a chat.

Without giving him intimate details, I explained the situation.
His first concern was that this issue would cause me to want to leave my volunteer position with the museum. I mentioned it had crossed my mind a few times. But wasn't ready to be defeated like that.

R-C stressed in a very positive way,  if that was indeed the case, or I felt that was my only solution at any point, then he would make some changes. (wow feeling the love). 
He also then assumed that my change within the company, was not only, did I want to explore other venues within the museum, but at the same time the new position would make me less available for CC to access my presence while I'm there.  Totally nailed it! (Gawd I love smart people).

That said, I'm thoroughly enjoying my new position more than I anticipated I would.  He was thrilled to hear that. Not only cause volunteers are hard to hold onto, but they enjoy my company. Which at one point in the past I was led to believe I was just a buffer for a break from the crazy.

His guidance had strongly suggested that he'd been through this particular concern before with others in the past, and gave me some tools to handle her.  Tools I wouldn't have thought to use.  :)

Knowing I have back up and support from someone in power will make the process easier.
I'm feeling a whole lot better about how to handle her now.

:)

4 comments:

  1. YaY!!!!

    Good for you! Win-Win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    It's only a win (single) at this point. The second win will come after I apply the tools to CC upon her return in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's excellent - can't wait to hear how you applied the tools to CC!

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...