Hope everyone had a great holiday. No matter what you did.
As lonely as it can be, it's just a day.
I went to the Island again this year as I usually do. As the years pass we've decided to spend less and less on gifts. This year, we chose not to do gifts. :) Instead we planned to donate blood. :)
That said, the appointments were all full and the people I was going to do this with did not get back from Cowichan in time.
Too lazy to give you a whole story, so you'll get my 5 day visit in point form:
*Arrived early on the 23rd, napped for 5 hours before anyone was home. :)
*Christmas eve, myself and the host helped move her friends new 52in tv from store to home. Okay I didn't help at all, I sat in the truck. Easier that way as I would have just gotten in the way.
*Went to the pub afterwards, fully expecting to pay for myself, and this person picked up the tab for all of us. Nice.
*Stopped by the Esquimalt base to visit a friend on 24 duty, and look at the lights. All the ships put up Christmas lights. It never gets old to go on the ships for me. Mostly cos I get to go where the public can not.
*Christmas eve dinner at friends. Amazing food. Until we all got violently ill at some point in the night. It was good going down though.
*Christmas Day, we all slept in til 9-10am, had coffee and breakfast then went back to bed. lol
*Christmas Day night, dinner with friends over at our house. :)
*Boxing Day headed to Saanich Inlet (Brentwood) had too much to drink, listened to shitty music, played cards, ate different dishes that everyone brang. (No turkey) it was great!
*Headed home on the 27th. A friend picked me up on the other side, ran some errands, and randomly got fitted for a sleeping bag. I'm in love with this bag... who knew you could try them on!?
*28th, slept in!!!! 12 hours. Got up at 11am. Although that did not stop my phone from ringing starting at 7am, on my day off!!!! grrrrr
*29th. dentist apt on the way back to work. OWE!
Next year, I think I'm going to go to Tofino for Christmas.
Who's up for a random adventure this time next year!???
Wickaninnish Inn anyone?? Ok okay, or something way less expensive but with the same views?
Seriously!!! Let's make this happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment