I'm tired, calm, meh, craving salt, not talkative, not sleeping great, and feel like the 14(excluding commuting time) hours between when I leave work and when I return is not really enough time. Feels like only a few hours in between most days lately.
Then it occurred to me to ask myself, what's changed? At first I thought nothing.
Then realized I'm due for my womanhood to arrive soon. I can not speak for other ladies, but unless you're on the pill or count your cycle, a lot of women are not
We laugh it off shaking our heads at our own temporary insanity, while our male counterparts knew the whole time when it was arriving, but could never in a million years ask us, "are you getting your period?" Cos that just opens a world of fighting words. When it comes to certain topics, I think men nailed it, keeping their mouths shut early on and become smarter than us for a few days. Just a few days.
I came to the conclusion yesterday that I'm due soon, and of course ran to my calendar and counted my cycle. I'm not on birth control, so either I count it or run risk of embarrassment asking the waitress at a bar/restaurant if they have any female necessities available or be out in public and not be able to find a public restroom. For the most part I've always got a few supplies with me in a pretty little silk pencil case that holds the goods perfectly and takes up no room in my purse. Plus I can also just take this little Japanese silk pencil case aka tampon,wipes, pad holder to the bathroom with me rather than my whole purse, and not many would be any the wiser.
The point is, I'm aware of myself this month. My mood, lack of patience, increase craving for salt and protein, and more tired. Now that I know, I can put the kibosh on any onset mood swings that are unnecessary.
What are some of the crazy things you've done or said a week before you're due?
And at the same time think you're completely sane....
My funny story--- I had a hysterectomy (everything but the ovaries)a few years ago and my husband will tell you I STILL cycle!!!
ReplyDeleteI just turn into a dingbat once a month... a total airhead!
Boston University (I think) released a report earlier this year that men do infact have a cycle! They have a bitchy time of the month too.
ReplyDeleteBut that's all it said....
I always know when its that time of month - I get the munchies real bad!
ReplyDeleteI find that I can't control my emotions as well and the hunger - well that goes up down and sideways and there will be a moment where I will be staring down a large bag of plain kettle chips and a diet doctor pepper like it's them or me... thankfully I've learned to fight that one, a little.
ReplyDeleteI"m always surprised at the amount of food I can pack away the week before I get it.
ReplyDeleteI eat like a rabid animal before my Aunt Flo comes to visit...and then I cry at something random and not sad. Like once I saw two kids playing and the girl threw mud at the boy and I was all "BWAAAAAH, my brother and I will never live in the same city again!" CRAZYTOWN!
ReplyDeletelol awwwww. *tear*, *hahahahaah*, see where I am right now? lol I'm crying and laughing at the same time.... yup I've gone crazy.
ReplyDelete