I started the Accuntane Friday night. The Dr. mentioned once I started, I would get dry, fast.
I'm thinking in a few weeks time. Not almost immediately. My nose is the victim.
It's dry as it is with the winter months now add this. I bought some cheap nasal gel before hand as recommended, but will have to find another solution as it doesn't work worth shit on the Accutane dryness. It worked great just in general though. I used Polysporin and Vaseline last night.. instant bliss.
I'm already noticing my eyes, and mouth drying up a bit, which is increasing my thirst. Although it's nothing uncomfortable. I was proactive/preventative a week before I started this, hoping that it would help.
I'm going to be the sole person that increases revenue for the companies that produces moisturizers this year.
Thankfully there are wonderful products out there specifically for people taking Accutane.
Sure its more expensive (not by much maybe $10 -$15 more than usual) but for the level of comfort it will provide me compared to spending money on cheaper stuff more often... this is one of those cases, you get what you pay for.
My lip balm is $15 a tube, but you only need so little of it, and wow!!! I'm hooked. Once I'm done the cycle, I'm going to continue to buy this stuff!!! My lips are so soft.
Body moisturizer recommended is about $26-$36 a small bottle.. :( I'm going to wait til I'm scaly to dish out that kind of cash on body products when the cheaper version is by Chetaphil Eczema. (face wash, moisturizer and body moisturizer etc).. its runs $15-$24 a TUB! Much more doable.
Oh did I mention while on this, you're not allowed to wax!?? Hmph. Ya ya I'm not having sex, but that doesn't mean no one is going to see it, and besides, I like to be groomed at all times anyways.
So 3-4 days in (I take the pills with dinner) and so far, so good.
:)
How was your weekend?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
I heard accutane wasn't a good thing to be on? Did your doctor recommend it? My friend was on it (however) and she had amazing results, so I guess there is always a good/bad side to everything.
ReplyDeleteMy weekend was AMAZING, thanks for asking, lol. Met an awesome guy!
I have reaccuring adult acne. Both my Derm and GP have suggested I be on it for years.
ReplyDeleteI've had my concerns etc. And yes, there are side effects.
There are the common ones that
90% of all users will experience.
There are the ones a little more harsh that maybe 20-30% of users will experience.
And of course there are the 10% that will experience the extreme and rare conditions.
Out of that 10% it's <-1% of ppl who are sueing the company that makes Accutane etc.
I had to read a lot of information and then was tested on it, to ensure I fully understood the risks and what side effects could occur. This information it clipped to the front of my fridge. So I never forget.
I have both my DP and derm both monitoring my progress cos I have crohns already, and a side effect could be having temporary colitis. Thankfully, all the side effects are reversible.
All of them.
Due to the concerns I have about being on it. Instead of getting my blood work done every 4 weeks, we're doing every 3. The blood works will test my cholesteral levels, my liver function and a pregnacy test. If you get pregnant while taking this medication, you're order to get an abortion. It's not neogotible. It's that serious.
It has an 80% cure rate on one cycle. FOr extreme cases a second cycle may be needed.
As long as you're taking all the precautions you should be (staying out of the sun, no alochol etc)and get the blood work done on time in addition to the monthly follow up apt with your doctors, you should have minimal issues.
Any one who down plays how serious this drug is, shouldn't be taking it. The risk for me, is lesser than the greater positive outcome it is going to have on my body overall.
I could feel fine, but if the doctors say something like my cholesteral is too high now, or my liver isn't processing it well enough, they have the power to pull me off it.
Please be ok....
ReplyDelete:D
Take GOOD CARE!!
Aww Kas you're too sweet.
ReplyDeleteI'll be fine. I'm being proactive about everything. Drinking tones of water, cutting out all the things I should have been more religious about etc.. it will be so worth it!!
Well I am slowly getting to be productive again, now that I'm back to running and the chaos of the new roomie is slowly dying down.
ReplyDeleteFor my dry skin I have found that apply virgin coconut oil - it's solid - straight on my skin is the best, and I have chronic dry skin and eczema. But yes Vaseline also works
LOL sorry you said dry already and i wasnt sure what kind of dry....and then the vasilene... im such a disgusting person
ReplyDeleteI hope it works out for you. **hugs**!!
ReplyDeleteJessica -aka SPANKER! You are a disgusting person and I miss you. Btw if you're using Vaseline in the yoohoo... you're asking for a world of trouble as it is not water soluble.
ReplyDeleteGF Girl - I"m using the Cetaphil line for eczema, love it so far! I have top of the line stuff too, its all working out so far.. I'm just noticing how quickly I am getting dry.
Glad to hear your life at home is edging towards normal again. :)
Kas - thanks again. I'm always a fan of hugs.
I have to admit when I read that title my mind was going in a completely different direction. Perv, I know.
ReplyDeleteBut hey, I'm concerned about the "years" part. This is some serious stuff, so I'm hoping you see immediate results and whatever hormonal balances are upside down, turn right side up!
Hangover - Of course I expect you guys to be perv's, it's part of your errr ummm "charm". ya charm.. lol ;-)
ReplyDelete