Tuesday, 1 March 2011

I'm really not a sour puss.

As much as I can get down, feel all woes is me, and think my love, and sometimes social life sucks donkey ass, I've been reminded today by a coworker who sees it completely different. I'm pretty damn cheery on the outside. I'm only sour on the inside.

He says: "I come to say HI every morning, and through out the day, cos you can always get me out of a funk with your wit and dry sense of humour. Plus you call it as you see it, and you know your music better than most."   The music comment I take much pleasure in. I like music, all of it. Jazz, folk, metal, rock, pop, Motown, bluegrass and some country.  Not just the music either, but who produced it, mixed it, etc  We can sit and talk about music forever, and I always learn something. I do not claim to know a lot, but what I do know, I know well. (side note: I do not want to learn how to produce, mix, or master anything. I think it would take away what is magical about music to me).

It occurred to me, that I do indeed have an upbeat, fun disposition about myself in person, public, at work etc. Regardless what I may be feeling on the inside, (hello, reason for a blog) on the outside, I'm not the sourpuss I sometimes think or feel I am.

So in case any of you were wondering if I'm walking around being miserable to everyone face to face... I am not. I'm friggin pleasant, sweet and made from sugar and spice and all things nice...most of the time.

:-)  :-)  :-)

7 comments:

  1. I hear ya.

    Most of we cynical, OCD, ADD, miserable people are generally cheery on the outside.

    Someone described me recently as the person who can "light up a room, and change everyone's attitudes just by their funny and outgoing personality."

    If only they knew that I secretly fantasize about sending them to Siberian prison camps.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *snort* bahahahahahaha Love it!

    "If only they knew that I secretly fantasized about sending them to Siberian prison camps."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a random smattering of sentences that totally made me smile! Thank you!!! And I already knew you weren't really a sour puss. You just play one on tv. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just think you are awesome just by reading your blog! and aren't we all muddled somewhere? and exterior or interior, i guess people generally like the way you are, even if you decide to be moody and all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-- I AM a sour puss-- on the outside at least til 10am. I don't do mornings well.

    After that, I hide the sour pussness in a drawer so people will think I am a team player and all that crap and I'll score better on my evals...

    OY...
    More coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome.

    And Kas- more coffee, indeed.

    Always more coffee.

    Mmm. Coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that great to realize how you feel and THINK you may come across to others is the opposite. Sometimes I feel really crappy (normally it's job or man related), but most people never see it. Guess I'm really good with the sarcastic humor.

    Thanks for sharing these little tidbits.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...