Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Livid although not surprised.

I have so much to say right now and due to the fact its work related (not with me directly) I'm weary about writing about it in it's entirety as I've been reading about people losing their jobs for slander and defamation of character when you write about co workers, even when names are changed etc.

I'll do my best.
A former employee was recently let go, and whilst she sense it was coming, she welcomed it. She wasn't happy. Not with the job itself parse, but the way she was treated by a few individuals. Her management.

In my opinion, her lack of abilities, and/or lack understanding within her own department were a direct result of improper training. Like most people you work with that you are not close too, you're friendly towards.
She asked all the questions, explained she did not understand and asked for additional training.

Skipping all the middle stuff, getting to what has me so livid today.  Months after the fact, it has been brought to her attention the real reason behind her dissmisal.  Not a direct result of her actual inabilites, but for the sheer fact she wasn't liked.  It happens. Then again that is not what has me pissed.

Information was relayed to her that her team leader thought she was immature, unproffesional. Others were informed NOT to be friends with her or their jobs could be on the line.  WTH!!!!???

Are you kidding me?

How professional is it that a team leader is sharing this information with an employee? There's professionalism at it's best.  Then to dictate who you can and can not delvelop friendships with or else?
It's rude and extremely unprofessional

One in every bunch I guess. I looked at this particular person with a bit of admiration. She is always put together, smiling, polite (to my face) and never has spoke ill of anyone in my presence and seem to exude professionalism, always.  I guess the caddiness is everywhere.

Ya ya I'm quilty of it myself at times, (I usually blog about it than speak to someone) but even in the wake of Crazy C, I handled that as professionally as I could and only discussed it with a mutual co worker cos it was neccessary. There are people I work with who's pure existance irritates me, but I try my damness not to treat them poorly while at work.  I'm not perfect, I am making a concious effort to treat everyone fairly.

Sometimes business is unfair and callous and you must do what is best for the company. Leave it there when you're done. Do not continue to discuss it with other management unless neccessary, let alone employees within that department.  Hope they all know this is how they will be treated upon their departure from the company.

Do unto others. It's a hard lesson to learn and even harder to practice.

btw my spell check on blogger isn't working.

4 comments:

  1. This makes me angry - I have a friend who has had a hard life and even harder because her mom who is now deceased far far to early worked in the same building as her and I. Her office is toxic - and yes maybe she contributed to it. I don't personally care even if she did. I'm her friend - and it hurt me the things her coworkers said about her freely when she left. At the Christmas part they even tried to get me to backstab her - yes her and I may not have always been really close and I don't care even if it is true she talked rude about me. In the end it's about your own actions and how they reflect who you are. And what your coworker did was not acceptable - nor is what they are asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly.

    I'm more disgusted than angry. I've lost respect completely for this person. Who the hell does she think she is? To threaten jobs if her slaves build rapports with coworkers? Is she that insecure that she must scare people into being friends with her?

    My last job was the worst! The ladies (I hate calling them that, cos if they were ladies they'd have manners) would gossip openly about a friend of mine who was let go, like you, they expected me to join in.

    Instead my reply was (albeit a party killer) "You know I'm friends with her, right? And will repeat all this to her as she considers you all to be her friends?"

    Funny how that one worked out though, that friend ended up breaking girlfriend codes at the highest levels imaginable and joined this group of people to gossip about me after I had her back for so many years.

    Then people (men) wonder why women are crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disgusting, absolutely. I worked in a poisonous environment like that with witchy superiors who demonstrated the best in 9th grade behavior!

    And yes - she IS that insecure but be thankful her silly self divulged this info to you. Now you know who you're REALLY working around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh... Disgust is right.

    That's precisely why I sit in my cube, do my job, pop out on occasion (rare!) to show my face and go home.

    Work is a necessary evil.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...