I went out Friday night with one of my couriers. This is not unusual for me to befriend my couriers and/or reps as I see them everyday, several times a day, in person, or by email.
We made plans to go for sushi near my house as she was driving. There are sushi bars on every corner like there is a Starbucks. What can I say? We Vancouverite like our coffee and sushi.
I hadn't been to this place in years, although it having been one of my local favourites for years before.
One thing I must explain about eating sushi in the lower mainland. Sushi is a hit and miss type thing.
You can either have great service and crappy food in a clean environment, or amazing food with crappy service and cleanliness that is questionable. You CAN NOT have both. I've yet to see it.
Of course I'll take the crappy service with amazing food every time.
We sit, and it takes a consider amount of time to get menu's. I'm in no rush, although I am starving.
Two servers in a small restaurant that could seat 20 ish people easily. One chef up front, who knows how many in the back.
We finally get our menu's, order the first round of food. As we're chatting away it's becoming increasingly noticeable that the two servers are very unorganized. After ordering and menu's are taken away, the other server brings up menu's and asks us if we're ready to order. I smile sweetly at her, explaining we've already ordered, but thank her and we'll keep one menu to order from as we finish each round. But to ask us if we're ready to order when you drop the menu's off? Easy now...
The first round comes, yet our drinks do not. It's been a good 20 minutes, it's not busy, but the girls are flustered for whatever reason. Soon the dinner rush starts and those poor girls running around with their heads cut off. Had I been in a rush, I would have been very annoyed with them. However my annoyance increased from the behaviour of my courier/friend. She stands up, waving her arms at the staff, snapping her fingers, cos she was ready for another drink. Great. If I could have slouched down into my bench, I would have.
This repeated a few more times. Each time I advised courier/friend that we were not in a rush and to relax. These girls are clearly having a hard time and you snapping your fingers at them will not help us one bit.
I would not be surprised if they spit in our food. Not one bit. It becomes no surprise they can not hear us when courier/friend shouts at them to get their attention or that their already broken English has less and less English the more this all happens.
Over the 3 hours we're there.. didn't I say we weren't in a rush? I tried to counter act the rudeness with being overly polite. Granted I was slightly annoyed that we had to ask when the very first item we ordered was going to be ready, as we'd finished 3 courses already (2 hours later).... shit happens.
Had that been my first time there, I wouldn't return. However the food is amazing and I will not make the mistake of going there again with courier/friend. I found myself wondering if she is like that all the time or was trying to impress me somehow? Found myself unimpressed and probably ingested more spit than I asked for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
She sounds hot.
ReplyDeleteI'm bad?
She needs taught a lesson.
Hmm...she sounds like Crazy C in training! Next thing you know, she'll start e-mailing, texting and dropping by after hours. LOL
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's a toss up between good/decent service and great food. I'd much rather leave a spot with my stomach and lower intestines in place than moan about waiting a while for utensils.
Hangover - Courier/friend is far from Crazy C.
ReplyDeleteThankfully she has a life, a job, and g/f she really likes... she's pretty cool aside from being rude to waitstaff.
Plus she thinks she knows of a guy I might like/hit it off with!!! Got to love it when lesbians have hot straight male friends for their straight friends!!
Its rare!