Monday, 11 April 2011

Blog Break - Day 39 Accutane

As I'm adjusting to taking a double dose (80mg) of the meds, extreme fatigue has set in.  I'm finding it harder to be active or just go out. I'm having bouts of nausea, complimented by aches and pains and pure exhaustion and the occasional mood swing, (sadness to very easily annoyed by the stupid) which is starting to occur with a little more frequency and word confusion. At times I find it difficult to think of  a simple but accurate word  to complete a coherent sentence at times. This IS a side effect and has to be noted. But I'm sure this shall all pass as I adjust to it.

In the mean time I'm finding it harder to blog, go out with friends etc. All I want to do is sleep. Eg: I got up at 1pm on Sunday and was napping on the couch by 1:30pm... next thing I knew it was almost 4pm. Total write off.  I'm starting to understand why people grunt of sigh when they tell me of their experiences on Accutane. Everyone experiences different levels of nagging annoyances.  Fatigue, dry skin, extreme chapped lips, do seem to be the regular complaint.

Small inconvenience for the greater good (repeat)... I must tell myself.

New entries may decrease for a bit.  I'm realllllllllllly hoping that I'm able to adjust to feeling like pooh on and off for the next 6 months. However, if it becomes unbearable, I can advise the dermatologist I'd like to go back to the regular dosage.  Etc.

I'll be blogging, just not daily.

:-)

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there. Hope it eases up. . .

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope that you'll feel better soon me dear, days like that do drain you and make you feel as if they have been wasted, but in the long run it'll be worth it (I hope).
    Regards,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep- Hang in there.. we'll be here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I hope you feel better soon! Take care of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...