The Vancouver weather system is on the fritz.
I left the house this morning wearing ballet sandals and a hoody. Yes my work allows this as acceptable office attire. It was perfectly cool, with a hint of sun at 0630am.
Come 10am, it's snowing!!! Okay, at first I completely freaked but it turned out to be hail, lots of it. Rain, more hail (I still think it's snow and one of my couriers says its snow), rain. Not 5 mins later, it's spring again.
As much as I complain about the weather, solely cos I'm a transit user, I really do not mind the weather. I find it almost comical at times. There is a reason "they" say, British Columbia is the best place on earth! Here you can indeed snowboard, surf, go to the beach, and golf all in the same day. No really, you truly can. It helps that all the mountains are accessible within less than an hours drive. Depending where you are, it may be less than 30 minutes. I live on a small mountain in Coquitlam.
The Burrard Inlet is all that separates me from the ski mountains.
Burrard is a picture - I live on the right, in coq, not Burnaby, and the north shore mountains are there on the left. Nice and close. Inlet is a wiki infor page for ya.
Unfortunately, to get to those mountains, I'd have to drive through the city to get there. There is no direct link from my area to the North Shore.(there should be) Even then, its less than a hours drive, in rush hour.
So you can see, as much as I have a love/hate relationship with our weather system, I do love it all. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. honestly when it came to dating someone who lived out of province, the deal breaker was I wouldn't move from BC, ever. I'll move around within my own province, but will never move out of it. This will only be compromised if it were an offer to move to the far east coast. Nothing in between thanks.
Anyone else have a love/hate for something where they live?
....GO!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
No comments:
Post a Comment