LC update (old house guest).. this title, and post, for whatever reason has received the MOST amount of views over ALL OTHER POSTS!!! by the hundreds... This post isn't anything special. Or indicates what it's about.. which leaves me to suspect that LC herself has been obsessing over this entry. Or any others she's discovered. Hi, hope you're learning about your pattern from reading it, repeatedly.
When I go back and read over entries I've written about LC. I get mad, and then almost have to shake my head.. cos it was all a waste. Considering she is sleeping with the monster who hit her...again. THe power to change, and leave, and NEVER put yourself in that position is in your power. Instead, you crawl back into his bed,..... and I had to find out thru one of his friends. Who also informed me of the shit he says about you... yet, you don't leave. Money, the kids as excuses. are bullshit. You have the family and support system.. use them or shut up. Can't feel sorry or be worried for you when you have all the means at your disposal, and you run further into the fire.
I do not even know what to think.
She is behaving like every battered woman hiding the fact her spouse beats her.
Emailed her this morning asking her to call me and let me know the status of everything.
Me to her:
I called the house and left a message although not detailed, other than to have you call me back. Any word on the shelter/income housing? Call me when you get a chance let me know how the process is. How are you? Your jaw? Bruising ?
FYI remember to sign off properly from all your sites. facebook , hotmail etc.. closing the browser does not log you off. Hence you finding Jason's emails.
Be safe. xo..
Her Reply:
I'm ok, we had a good talk and all is fine. We definitely have a lot of shit to work out but it's all ok now. Don't worry
Me:
...til the next time.
You can't ask me not to worry. I trust him less than I did before and that was non existent. Continue to be safe and hope you guys can work out being civil (him) and mean it...
I wanted to remind her I meant what I said before, should it happen again. Though I didn't cos I'm afraid if it did, she wouldn't tell me. Going to continue moving forward and enquire with the ministry if there is anything I can do, or at least get all the ducks in a row should it happen again. I'll know how to advise her with phone numbers ready to go, emergency shelters, church's etc where she can run too. Worry about the kids after you get safe. He won't physically hurt them. He's already destroyed them with his mind games.(he tells the kids awful untrue things).
I really hate this say this, but I see a future for her without access to her kids, cos he can and in a matter of time, will prevent her from having anything to do with them, just to spite her, cos he can. And there isn't going to be a damn thing she can do. Other than accept it.
I know how horrible and harsh I sound right now, but that is the reality of it. I do not have children, that doesn't make me non-maternal. I know how hard it is to not be with your kids. But if your kids are being brain washed to hate you? Then what? What do you do? How do you cope? Can you even? Do you stay and take a beating so you can be close to kids who apparently despise you?
Kills me that I can not fix this and that she is choosing to stay. She fell for his apology or so it seems. Can lead her to fantastic shoes, can't make her wear them.
Infuriating.
Need some input.
Feeling truly helpless is new to me. Is there more I can be doing?
You can't ask me not to worry. I trust him less than I did before and that was non existent. Continue to be safe and hope you guys can work out being civil (him) and mean it...
I wanted to remind her I meant what I said before, should it happen again. Though I didn't cos I'm afraid if it did, she wouldn't tell me. Going to continue moving forward and enquire with the ministry if there is anything I can do, or at least get all the ducks in a row should it happen again. I'll know how to advise her with phone numbers ready to go, emergency shelters, church's etc where she can run too. Worry about the kids after you get safe. He won't physically hurt them. He's already destroyed them with his mind games.(he tells the kids awful untrue things).
I really hate this say this, but I see a future for her without access to her kids, cos he can and in a matter of time, will prevent her from having anything to do with them, just to spite her, cos he can. And there isn't going to be a damn thing she can do. Other than accept it.
I know how horrible and harsh I sound right now, but that is the reality of it. I do not have children, that doesn't make me non-maternal. I know how hard it is to not be with your kids. But if your kids are being brain washed to hate you? Then what? What do you do? How do you cope? Can you even? Do you stay and take a beating so you can be close to kids who apparently despise you?
Kills me that I can not fix this and that she is choosing to stay. She fell for his apology or so it seems. Can lead her to fantastic shoes, can't make her wear them.
Infuriating.
Need some input.
Feeling truly helpless is new to me. Is there more I can be doing?
From semi-personal experience it's really tough. She really at this point does not have the tools or the willpower to make any changes - I know you want her too, we all do.
ReplyDeleteFor myself I know I wouldn't have jumped into the fury, chaos and crazy amounts of pain of it all if I hadn't been pushed. One of the rare good things my ex did was to contact my boss about what was happening in my life (family issues - CEF left out the whole he was crazy and abusive too part...). My boss found me a counsellor he knew at a Rape/Pregnancy clinic and demanded, if I wanted to keep my job, to go. No excuses - he would pay for the therapy, the cab rides whatever.
Now I know he couldn't technically fire me for not doing it, but it was what clicked for me. I got out of bed, got myself together as best I could and went. I was triaged into my current therapist from there. It's scarier than you would imagine - everywhere you turn your life is going ass backwards and upside down, you hurt like your insides are slowly being carved away and all you believe is it would have been better if I didn't do this. Then there will come a day - if she's in it for her that she'll realize every day of pain while on your own is worth it, worth more than anything you will ever have or know.
So the point - you know if she's the kind of girl you need to kick in the ass. If she is, I'm here to support you in that as best I can. Love S&P - Blogger is refusing to let me sign in...
@S&P - Blogger has been a bitch about signing in and staying signed in for over a week now. You'r not the only one.
ReplyDeleteWOW. I never knew that. Thank you for taking the time to share that infor.
She left once, and lived with me. But the pain from being away from her kids took its toll. I get that. But now???
She mentioned therapy and I hope she does get it. If anything that professional will be able to help her more thoroughly than I can.
I don't even know how to support her in this. I can support a lot of things, and open my home to her again as a last resort, but aside from being an ear to cry into, how am I suppose to sit back and watch it unfold and most likely watch her life end?
I don't doubt this is scary, although I have no grasp of just how messed up it makes you. I can not even wrap my head around it. :(
I can say this. History in her life is repeating itself. I think she knows that. And that might be what's keeping her there. If she leaves, that will be the beginning of the end of the relationhip she has with her kids. (she's been estranged from her mother since she was small)
I think therapy is her best option at the moment. I'll start pushing that idea more.
Thanks for your input and support. I'll have more tools to handle this when I speak with the ministry and shelters. This is me panicking for her.
You are an amazing friend for doing this - I think the biggest thing she needs to know and it is the hardest part is getting out/getting help will mean the loss of her kids for a WHILE. She has to know that her getting help is for them as much as it is for her. My mother was abused as a child - her emotional behavior towards her children was a result of that and was the reason I do not speak to her. Your friend needs to understand she's f*cking up her relationship with her children if she stays. If her kids are adults, once she get's help and get's her brain in the right place a therapist will help her with that transition to fix the relationships. If they're young she needs to think about what they are learning. Either way leaving is about her first and foremost but it is about the kids too. Maybe that will help her. If you need any more personal input let me know.
ReplyDeleteThank you. All that helps.
ReplyDeleteI've educated myself as much as I can online. I'll be chatting with a hotline rep soon to find a group where I can learn more etc.
You are 100% dead on about how her kids behave. I've said it for years, her kids are friggin rotten. And its no wonder. They've been subjected to seeing all the emotional and verbal abuse their mother takes. She can say, "this is not how you let other people treat you" etc.. all she wants, until she leads by example, they wont know any different.
My views of why one doesn't leave is being enlighted after reading all the sites I have today. I dont agree with it, but I have to understand and accept that she might not want to leave cos she's so mentally defeated she doesn't know she can anymore.
Once this is all said and done, I'm not actually sure we're going to be friends. She reached out in time of need cos she knows I wont let it go for her. But afterwards? I think she could just go on without needing or wanting my friendship.
We'll see.
I'm exhausted emotionally and mentally from all I've learned and trying to wrap my head around it all.
Thank you so much for your input. Once I'm calmer and thinking straight and not out of anger, I may have more questions for you.
xo