I deactivated my facebook account. :=)
Not sure how long I'll last, but more importantly, will anyone notice? And how long before they do?And will they say anything via the million other ways to contact a person?
Not sure I need to be on crackbook anymore. HA! Almost said that with a straight face...almost. I'm being a needy, emotional spazz these days, and until I get a family fix (see next spring) I don't see the end in sight. :=(
I have lunch with one of the bosses daughters from time to time. Whilst I don't trust her when it comes to anything work related, she has consistently been a stable ear to vent to when it comes to being a spazz and my emotional turmoil. She has this amazing ability to take all the puzzle pieces of my life and put them together so I can see them so clearly.
She's once again stepped to the plate while on our latest lunch outing. Without giving you all the details at this very moment, (they will follow at some point), I've decided that maybe I'm going to start seeing my shrink again. Actually search for a new one that works weekends and/or week day evenings. I have a few topics issues that I need help sorting out. Nothing huge in the scheme of issues that are out there. Mostly, it's to do with finding where I stand with certain people and learning how to cope again, when to let go, when to fight for it. I don't want to turn into a Crazy C.
With my siblings making assorted effort to stay in touch, me missing my family back east and my parents to the core, friends turmoil, feeling unappreciated, unloved, being lonely for some male affection(not sex) and life etc, it's becoming a bit too much. And at the risk of becoming too harden, bitter, uncaring, and a unhealthy cynic... I think I need to get some non bias professional counselling again. It is at this point I think I would benefit from a bottle of wine and a stress cry.
Had I not just finished my monthly gift from Mother Nature, I would chop all this up to getting it soon. It's too frequent to ignore anymore and say maybe it's the Accutane making react to the depression part of my past. Maybe it is. Regardless, it's getting the better of me. Consuming most of my waking hours. :( Doesn't help that I've had NOTHING to do at work for over two weeks now.
BTW: I applied for a new f/t job. Boss knows about it as I advised her, so she wouldn't be caught off guard should I get short listed and they call for references. She knows she's not going to get to keep me forever, and frankly I think she is probably surprised I've stayed as long as I have.
It's all compounding. Stress cries are not cutting it.
In the grand scheme of things, life isn't bad.
I have a job, my health, the right to vote, no boyfriend beating on me, no kids, some friends, etc... so there's that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
It will be ok. Seeing a shrink/counselor/etc is NOT a bad thing and something I have also done. It does help to have the unbiased person listening w/o judging.
ReplyDeleteI would like to also delte my FB, but that's the only way I have to keep in touch w/ a lot of relatives and share pics etc. I HAVE deleted AND BLOCKED anyone I can find that has to do with work. So, it's mostly family with maybe 5 friends.
let me know if I can do anything besides offer "cyber hugs" :-)
I use to see a shrink years ago, for a couple years. Saved my life. I'm 100% pro shrinks.
ReplyDelete"Everyone else can screw off"
ReplyDeleteWords to live by!
:D
I have resisted FB for manymanymany years....so I opened an account and I have 2 friends..me and myself...I refuse all invitations to be friends :-) text message me..more fun is what I say!
ReplyDeleteI would love to ditch FB, I have definitely moved towards putting less and less on FB. I do not have my relationship status up, ya'll can screw off is my opinion on that.
ReplyDeleteAs for the shrinks I think they can be great - if you found one you love then go for it. I heart mine, I also love that I can say that whatever I do is for self care - no guilt in taking a day off and bumming around or whatever - if it puts you on the road to healthy and happy go for it.
Hey I might be making some strawberry jam this weekend with my dad - could I put one aside for you?
@Jeff - I agreee. I still prefer phone calls over text messages for full conversations. FB for stalking my family and ex's. lol
ReplyDelete@S&P - Homemade ANYTHING can always be put aside for me! Thanks for thinking of me. I sent you a text the other day.
Ya I agree with not posting relationship status on fb. Bad things can happen and people seems to think they're entitled to ask private questions cos you're fb pals.
I'll be looking into a new shrink when I see my Doc in coming months. I dont want to go to the old one I had. As great as she was, she'll want to rehash old topics that I've put to bed. New problem, new shrink.