.....that is how I feel about my current position.
I'm making minor, though frequent mistakes lately. This starts to occur at any of my previous 3 jobs, when I've lost complete interest in my work. I've stopped caring. I've stopped feeling needed and relevant at all.
I started out as the a/p assistant/receptionist/personal assistant to whomever....
every year I have less to do than the year before. Now, in all honesty, my only responsibility is to answer the phone, IF it ever rings.
Sure I have a few accounts I manage, but they're not a daily occurrences, as I've established a relationship with my reps that the accounts work themselves efficiently
Granted, I should shut my mouth... I'm employed. Paid okay for doing nothing. Don't bite the hand that feeds you etc.. You get the idea.
I don't want to become bitter. I like my boss. My benefits. The compressed work weeks all year. Most of the people I work with. It's close to home.
It's becoming harder to get out of bed. It's becoming harder to simply care. Today, I was unnecessarily rude to a few people. One guy in the warehouse said something stupid in regards to some drama that occurred in our parking lot before the office opened. I replied quietly, sighed heavily; "I really don't care, sorry."
It might be time to really give some serious consideration
to looking for work elsewhere. It saddens me to say that as my boss
is great. Even if she won't relinquish a proper work load to me, but
she's fair, understanding and consistently discreet.
If it isn't broken, don't fix it.
I might have to risk it.
That is all for now.
Gotta go...more busy work just landed on my desk.
Can I just say this- GET OUT OF MY HEAD!! I feel the same way. In fact, was telling someone I almost felt guilty about collecting a paycheck for what I've been doing.
ReplyDeleteBut thank God for a job that pays pretty well.
Still, I'm bored out of my fricking mind and feel like with the ever dwindling workload, to the point of having to create my OWN special projects, feel like I'm wasting away.
Hell, at one point I dare say I was depressed about going to work.
I made the decision to change it. One hour a night at a time (called my Hour of Power).
Hope the days get better for you as well.. Know you've got an embattled chick in California feeling the same. ;)
Depressed - check.
ReplyDeleteBored to tears - check.
Wasting away - check.
I don't care to create any projects anymore. I'm way passed that. :(
Hope you start to feel better too.
I hate being in a funk like this.
It's a bitter sweet turmoil to be in.
I also have moments... well DAYS & DAYS like that at my job.
ReplyDeleteMy next 'project' is to remove the staples from about 350 boat titles and restaple them so that they are of uniform height. Yes. Really.
I have other things I do that ARE important to the day-to-day operation of a financial institution, but, like you, I am SO GOOD that they only take up maybe 20% of my day. And that's if I. Move. Slowly.
I have kids and I need the health insurance here (which is DAMN good) so I can't afford to quit and be w/o EVEN if the next job's insurance was good also. Pre-existing conditions and such...
*sigh* This TOO (along with all the other crap) shall pass....