Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Actions Over Words

Diary Of Why wrote this most excellent eye opener today.
And before I could finish reading it, I was preparing an email in my head to a guy I'm having the exact same relationship with.

Hey_________

Will make this short and to the point so you're not to be confused or misinterpret what I mean.

I like you. I've made it clear. Your feelings are mutual, you claim.
So for the love of gawd, drop the bullshit games.  Stop stringing me along for attention to make yourself feel better. When you call me, wait, you never do that.... Texting me to just chat is one thing.  Texting with invitations and then immediately re-nag it when I get on board or excited to see you is another.

You really want to see me? You'll make it happen. You want to hang out and do all the things we chat about. Make it happen. Otherwise your word has absolutely no value to me.

When did you turn into that guy? What happened to your common courtesy and integrity your prided yourself with and that I had once praised you for having over men my own age? 

If you're an attention whore, then go find some 20 something girl who will put up with it. You gave me your reasons why you like me soo, yet your actions say a whole other story.

Do not give me the "I'm so busy with work, but I'd really like to see you" excuse. It's bullshit. We're all busy. If you're going to lie to me, get better at it. Or keep a spreadsheet of what lies you're telling to whomever. Telling me about other plans you forgot about etc, after you said you were working "out of town" cos it just makes you look bad, and disrespectful.

Want to hang out?  Don't call me if you have no intentions of following through.

If I wanted to be disrespected and played, I'd still be with the ex, not a guy who proposed we start dating casually again after a few years of being in separate relationships. If casually dating me to fill the time (what we agreed on) is no longer what you have in mind, then be honest about it with me and yourself.

Just Sayin.

We've been through this a few times, and he really doesn't like women being upset with him.  I simply do not care anymore. I no longer put any stock into his invites, and have stopped replying to some all together.  Why continue to humour his empty invites?
If he stepped up, I'd be thrilled, cos when he's on his game, his super awesome to hang with. Not clingy, or any more drama than anyone else. Doesn't talk or check his cell phone on dates. If he has too, he mentions it before hand and excuses himself.

So to have this guy turn 360 into a douche bag in the last year, makes me sad.
In the past, he had no problem calling, yes calling to say, hey lets just chill tonight with a movie etc. But now, it's early morning text messages with promises of hanging out in the kitchen while cooking together, or going out etc, followed by text messages almost 4 hours afterwards (its almost always exactly 4 hours later when the "I'm sorry" texts start) of "possibly" having to cancel cos of x, y,z, blah blah blah.

I know my email sounds harsh and out of the blue. It's not. Though it's the only way I know how to make it clear (tact not included) I'm not interested in being jerked around further.

His repsonse will follow quickly, with a sincere heart felt apology. But it's what you do after the apology that matters. Actions over words.

2 comments:

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...