Ok, Ms. Elizabeth Singleton... before you start on me, I still haven't tried any real Italian food, yet.
I'll just keep this simple. The list below is a group of foods I will not eat, you will not find in my house.
WILL NOT EAT.
- Ketchup - weird. I wont ask for food without it, but I'll never add it to my food and you won't find it in my house.
- Marshmallows - even weirder.
- Popcorn - smells like rotting feet and ass! Yes I know what ass smells like. Thanks Douche.
- Whip Cream
- Ice Cream - that's more of a dietary restriction than a dislike.
- Head, Iceberg, Wild Lettuce - Huge dietary restriction. (spinach cooked is fine, haven't tried it raw in a year or two).
- French Fries - ever wait to see how long it takes one to get moldy? It doesn't. Plus they always make me feel gross and sick afterwards. (Poutine excluded - emotional comfort food)
- Ice in my drinks. - Ya right, like I'm going to trust any company to switch out their water lines when they're suppose too. Imagine the sludge the water has to pass thru first before it becomes ice in your drink???? No Thanks. I have frosted mugs in my freezer at all times. No Ice.
- Anything that is sitting out in slop trays waiting to be served. (Donair meats excluded- I didn't know until recently that its constantly cooking as you shave off the layers)
I don't use ketchup either. I DO like a good crisp french fry though... not a lot of them, cuz of the grease.
ReplyDeleteMarshmallows ARE weird.
Popcorn: if you pop it the old fashioned way (oil and pan on stove) it smells A LOT better! And it's cheaper too!
I'm not a big fan of ice. I keep water and tea in the fridge AND there are frozen mugs if you want it colder.
As far as what I flat-out REFUSE to eat:
Boiled Okra
Liver (in any way except liver-wurst)
Ummm.... yeah, that's about it. Kind of explains the size of my ass... If I was more picky, I might not be so big!
@Kas - I get a lot of grief about not liking popcorn and marshmallows. I use to cry when i was little and my Mum put wagonwheels in my lunch. Now I refer to them as adult smores, which, still, nope, will.not.eat.
ReplyDeleteIf popcorn is popped the old fashion way and plain, having a little butter and salt added to it, isn't bad. I'll enjoy a handful or two but thats it. But come on, who does it that way anymore?
I LOVE marshmallows, and french fries (though made in my oven is the only safe way to eat them now damn celiac), and lettuce and dairy (even though it's evil to me).
ReplyDeleteOrgan meat is where I draw the line - I've had chicken kidneys twice and they were beyond gag-worthy both times, and I've had tongue. I have learned to stomach a lot of crazy stuff in my travels so I'm pretty okay across the board.
Oddly the things I don't like are eggs (got to really really want them) and I cannot eat gluten. So it eliminates a lot of the fun stuff, even marshmallows... I want a bread garden cinnamon bun/pastry like you wouldn't believe - but it's not worth a trip to the ER.
Ya I don't care for eggs all that much. I only buy them if I have a plan for them etc.
ReplyDeleteI grew up eating REAL haggis and tongue. At the time I wasn't old enough to really understand what I was eating. Plate was placed in front of me, I ate it.
I should avoid bread at all costs, but at times ya just need it. If I could eat a whole loaf of sourdough with garlic butter and not die..aboslute heaven!
Alas I agree, nothing is worth a trip to the hospital for a moment of sweet, mouth watering, yumminess.
I know popcorn smells but it's so so tasty!
ReplyDeleteI HATE olives. To me they are just disgusting, I just can't get over it. And, I fundamentally don't understand how people like them. If you give me advice on a restaurant to try, and I find out you like olives, well let's just say that discredits your opinion a little with me. :)
ReplyDelete@Simplysolo! - I LOVE OLIVES!! well the green ones (not pitted) anyway. Black ones. blah.
ReplyDeletehahahhaha