Ms. Elizabeth Singleton would be so proud. I'm painting my apartment.
Sort of.
I changed the knobs on both bedrooms, replacing them with ones with locks.
As I pried the old knobs off, I realized someone painted over the rims instead of removing them before painting. I hate that. Making the new knobs look ridiculous.
Off to the paint store!
$70 later and I have a $40 gallon of paint and preimer in one, and a starter kit to paint the trims and all the doors/closets in my apartment. Doors are off, washed, puttied, sanded and waiting to be painted.
At this point I have a drop cloth down, and after spilling a little excess, I stepped in it. Bare foot. lol After finishing the first trim coat on all the doors, I bent over and backed my ass into the wet white paint. While wearing panties, not pants. geez. Having the drop cloth turned out to be more hassle than help. Though I managed to get much paint on my hands, apparently I'm sloppy.
Will finished the second coat tomorrow. I'll do the doors and hook everything back up. If I have company in the next day or two, they will using the loo without a door. Hope they're not bashful. ;-)
Hopefully tomorrow will be easier and less messy. :)
FYI - painting in panties is much cooler on a hot day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
HA!!
ReplyDeleteYou should see my painters outfit!!
Sand? prep? putty?
Nope, not here!
I'll have pics up when done-- I have already put some 'before' ones up on fb....
Yes, I did all the prep.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the pics
I painted my apartment in panties and a bra! Much easier to clean it off myself than ruin my clothes :P
ReplyDeleteGreat minds think alike Heather!
ReplyDelete