I'm cranky this morning.
Not even sure why, coos I was in a perfect mood when I got up. Oh, that's right. I came to work. I'm not thrilled about being here lately. It's Murphy's Law, when my manager goes away on holidays, all shit falls apart.
Instead of freaking out and doing something about the shit that is falling apart. I'm not going to do a damn thing. I'm going to let it all sit. So when she gets back, she can see just exactly what it is that takes place. People get lazy. Inept lazy, and rude...
I simply do not have the brain power or energy to deal with anyone today.
I do.not.care. about anything today.
I think I need to sleep in. I haven't slept in on a day off all month. Oh wait, I'm on holidays next week. :) Roommate will be back and extremely tired from doing the West Coast Trail for 7 days on Sunday, the same day my first friend from out of town arrives. And I still have a few hours of shit to do around the apartment. Minor stuff like finding a new home for some bookshelf stuff. But the bookshelf is full (without looking sloppy).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Got together with my Married w/Children - Marcy Darcy sister yesterday.
It surprisingly went very well. History on this sister. If you're sick, she's dying. If you won a million dollars, she'd find something to one up you, on everything. She also has a way of turning the conversation back on to her. And not so subtly at times. So you could imagine how excited I was to spend any amount of time with her. *cough*.
The last few phone calls have been somewhat short, however there were no snide comments about my life being off track, or I wouldn't understand A, B, or C cos I do not own a home or have a husband. (not kidding you with this shit). Needless to say, I've been slightly suspicious of her and any intentions since it's all running a little too smoothly. Waiting for the other shoe to drop, if you will.
We agreed to have lunch on the waterfront yesterday. I had made a bet with myself how long it would take before I threw her into the Fraser River. That moment never came! Not once!
There was no bitching how put out she was that she had to drive in from Surrey (15 mins over the bridge, she always makes it sound like she's driving to another province, every time.) or how I should have taken the bus two hours too her cos her time is more important than mine, or any me, me, me, me, oh well back to me, me, me etc...
I was in awe of how smoothly conversation and the visit went. I'm fully convinced she's medicated. It was like talking to a completely different person!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
YAY!! Good visits are always a GOOD thing!! I've learned to take them as they are-- in their own each little nugget of goodness!
ReplyDeleteI slept in til 8:30 on Sunday!! WOW!!! Felt good too!
Have fun next week!!
I love this post!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds exactly like me... haha!
My sister can never do anything wrong. She is the nice, sensible, sits on the fence, keep everyone happy, sister.
I'm most definitely NOT!
I hope this new sister love continues for you!
I love reading your stuff.
@Kas - yay for sleeping in! I can't wait til I can sleep pass 7am on a day off. Techincally that IS sleeping in since I'm up at 5-530 every day.
ReplyDelete@Teacher - Woot! Thanks! My other sisters are crazy within their own right, at least they're normal enough to be around. This one... meh. My brothers are normal. Okay, well one is.