Monday, 22 August 2011

Wound Pretty Damn Tight

I swear to gawd a memo went out in my office instructing people to piss me off with pure stupidity lately.

The showroom behind me has a couple locked rooms. The fire panel room, a computer room and some other room. All locked. All have alarms. The fire panel alarm goes off from time to time. It's one constant high pitched buzzing, all.day.long. The code I have for this panel doesn't work. Never has. And every time I try, I swear I just make it worse. Yet, no one has ever issued me a new code, cos according to them, mine works. It does not.

We have two IT guys and one of them I swear to gawd does this shit to piss me off.
I've emailed them to turn it off as the code I have doesn't work blah blah blah.

Simple right?

 Instead of just fulfilling my request. I'm met with a handful of questions. Did you try it? Do you have access to that room? What code do you have?

*shoots myself in the head*.

My reply was bitchy.
"Doesn't matter what my code is, it clearly doesn't work otherwise I wouldn't be asking you and G to turn it off. We go through this every time. Just turn it off. Thank you.

Never mind Shrek.

Hey G.
On your way out, could you turn it off? Thanks".

I shouldn't be met with a list of questions.
Common sense would be, if I have access and my code doesn't work, pissing me off with stupid questions isn't the way to go. He does this with everything. I need toner for my printer. He replies with, "did you shake it first?" Really? JUST CHANGE IT! I'm not new I know when I've exhausted the last bit of toner/ink out of my printer thanks.

Same with my phone.  I'll email him. Phone crapped out, no dial tone, no lines light up etc. blah blah. blah. He'll reply by email, "I just tried to intercom you, can you pick up your phone?"

I kid you not.

I swear he probably thinks he's funny, but when you're in the middle of pushing out 30 boxes for a courier, you don't need some schmuck questioning if I'm truly in need of new toner or not. 

Why do people need to take the easiest task and make it frustrating?

I hate this person today. Which sucks, cos he's an okay guy, but man does he love to piss me off.  If I'm wound this tight tomorrow or approched with more stupid questions, I might actually cry at work.

End of rant.

4 comments:

  1. Here's my work rant:
    Good morning Loan Officer,
    I need the ORIGINAL of this receipt, due to ease of alteration, computer generated receipts are not acceptable. Please have the customer forward the ORIGINAL receipt issued by the county to me so that I can process this paperwork.

    The response:
    I have the contact name, telephone number and email address for the person at the County Office on the receipt the member provided, will it be acceptable if I call or email for a confirmation?

    Um. Yeah- your verbal confirmation is preferred over an ORIGINAL RECEIPT.

    sheesh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know how you feel!
    I have cried at work many a time due to complete and utter frustration. I hope you don't get to that point.
    A punch in the face might make your point crystal clear to him... not that I advocate violence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Teacher - some days a punch to the face seems like the only way for people to understand. Ditto to not advocating violence.

    @Kas - I understand people asking stupid things if they themselves do not understand someone elses policies etc... but when it's their own job???

    Right now the discussion is to WHY the releif for my desk has to unlock the front door.
    I start at 730am. That is when the office and phones open. They don't arrive til 8-830am. The only time they have an issue with the front door being locked is when they don't have unlock it themselves.

    I've calmed down, cos I've surrendered to the facet they will fuck up in some way, shape or form. I will not be reachable by cell or email. They will have to work it out themselves and when I get back and asked by my management why A, B, C, and D weren't done etc... I will cough up names.

    These are not children I work with, though thru observation they like to do as little as possible. They don't look at the bigger picture that, every position no matter how small it is, effects the way things run. It effects other departments, and other locations.

    Good luck to them is all I have to say. It's an idiot proof position, messing it up takes serious talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and not to mention the first day the big boss arrives early and the front door isn't unlocked.. giggle... shit will hit the fan if he has to walk thru the warehouse.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...