Thursday, 15 September 2011

Chawels on Dragons Den

I think I've mentioned it before, asking you if you knew what a Chawel was?
It's a "cha-nge to-wel" Cha-wel = CHAWEL! www.chawel.com

Last night on the season premier of Dragons Den, the first pitch of the night was my friend pitching his design. The Chawel.  (How many times can I plug the name Chawel?)

If you care to watch it, check out the episode here. Chawels episode on Dragons Den It's the first pitch. :) Do you think he choose the best offer? As all the Dragons made one.

If you like what you see, order one, tell people about it, and of course blog about it!!!
You can also YouTube the commercials he made.

I own several.
Actually I own one of the original protos which in my opinion are the better ones as he use to make them with prints. Ducks, frogs, cancer ribbon, camouflage, and adult friendly prints, and many more colours etc.. However the demand vs. time to produce and ensuring he had the print available wasn't balancing, now they are two tone colour, longer, and have an inside pockets for your money, ipod, etc.  Though rumour has it, he may do special addition prints for the holidays.

Chawel it up baby!!!

3 comments:

  1. Funny story - he applied to be a vendor and I had to turn him down because he wasn't actually sewing them himself! It's a great product. I am not sold on the name though - it's too.... Snuggie" esque. But, I am glad he chose Arlene - I think she has the right marketing touch to make it work. She also seemed to like Dan the most, and that will help start a relationship off right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jen - ya, I gave him your infor to apply forever ago. He said he wasn't sewing them himself? He has a room solely for the purpose of sewing. Maybe that has changed more recently.

    The name has been patented and won't be changed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After they filmed that last year, he had his truck wrapped in advertising. Changed up the website and design packaging etc.. so we all knew it went well.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...