Thursday, 20 October 2011

Cont....Social Ques - I got a little carried away.

This was my reply to Single & Picky's comment on the last entry.
Got a little carried away with my reply, so I thought I'd repost it as an entry, and welcome your input.

.....I have a few friends that are GF. It's hard. They hate it. While there are slowly becoming more GF choices it's not an easy life. Get really sick or just feel a little blah in comparison by avoiding the GF all together???

You (and other friends) are grown adults with the ability to educate themselves, ask questions, obtain professional nutritional information that will help you live a better life... FOR YOU.

For the naysayers.. screw you. Really. Educate yourself. Ask questions. Doesn't mean you have to agree in the end, but at least you'll have an informed opinion to back up your disagreeance of the issue.

Next....

Social protocol is gone.

The next generation are going to be a society of 140 characters to talk/type. There will be short hand, no more full written sentences.

Manners.... well they're already gone. No one removes their hats indoors anymore, end conversations by simply not replying, not giving up your seat to anyone who might need it, disrespecting their elders or authority, cos our legal system is flawed, and slow to prosecute those breaking the law in a timely manner.

I'm sad for the future children of this world. Personally, I think we grew entirely too fast as a species, and will destroy ourselves as a result of moving forward to fast and not taking more time to preserve the present and past in the process.

I'm sad for the days when human contact and touch is a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...