Thursday, 20 October 2011

Flattered, but.....

In the past couple months I've received a few emails with invites to write about online clothing stores etc. With offers of receiving free items to try and review and/or a discount on their clothing lines.

Flattered, although not enough to be impressed. After viewing these online stores, it was clear the people sending me the emails have never ever read my blog, where I clearly state quite often, that I'm a plus size woman.

Know your audience. Know something about the person you're soliciting. Read the blog you're selling your proposal too. One of the many things I've learned from the talented Peter Shankman is, don't waste potential clients time, or your own. 

It's not in your wisest move. It makes you look like you do not care about the prospects you're trying to reach, just the numbers, if you did not do enough or any research about the person.

Granted, some might say, I'm just a small time blogger with less than a few hundred readers that should be grateful to get more exposure. Sure, some might say that. Some (me) might also say, I may be a small time blogger, I don't write to get exposure, its a venting process. If I were to write about your product, one I can not wear, what does that say about me? I would surely lose readers and any reputation I  have for being able to stand behind my word.

I wrote a nice and short response explaining it would not be a suitable fit for me to write a review on their lines as I'm a plus size woman and they carter to a very specific age/size demographic... best wishes with thanks for the invite and all that stuff etc..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...