Tuesday, 4 October 2011

I'm THAT Girl... :-(

It's official, I'm that girl. I'm the other woman.

Sim over @ The Dating Rital wrote this post today and it got me thinking.

I'm not a good person.
In her post I commented that she shouldn't trust her man, due to texts she found. I wrote what I did, cos I've been that other woman.

Sometimes knowingly, most of the time unknowingly.

In the past two years that I've been single, I've engaged in things I'd be pissed at, if it happened to me.

6 men in two years, who all had girlfriends and one wife.
Now before you light your pitch forks, it's never my intention to steal the man, though, still horribly wrong.

 I even tried justifying it. "If he doesn't respect her, why should I? Not my problem."
And for the girls I didn't know existed, I didn't feel bad, until afterwards, and honestly, had I known upfront, I probably still would have done it.

Shame.

2 of the events, I went into knowing the g/f's existed.
1 was physical. The rest were not. Only via sexting, web cam, msn/facebook chat and phone calls. I know, that doesn't make it any better. It's still cheating.

Now, I could never date any of these men. As I would never be able to trust them knowing they did what they've done with me. I would never cheat on my b/f.  Ever. So how can I do this?

It wasn't until Simm wrote her post and I got to thinking that I even saw the pattern.

I've got some serious morals, principles, self respect and dignity to revamp.  There is a picture saying going around on FB "How people treat you is their karma. How you react is yours".  It's haunting me a little.

I chose to entertain these events. Me. No gun to my head. All on my own. I chose to be the other woman. Not to maliciously hurt anyone. Not to steal your b/f. It was done out of excitement, boredom and loneliness.

I'll be making a very tangible change. I won't entertain the proposals that come my way if I know about the g/f. And the ones I don't, well that's always going to be tough. But once I find out, it will be over.

I put out good karma often, but not where intimacy matters.  I'm hating myself over that. I've never felt good about it, and tried again, many times to justify it to myself.

Just to be clear. I've never done this to any girl I've known. Ok, only one, but I do not respect her, nor him. Come to think about it, I don't respect any of the men that I've had an affair with on any level. It also appears I didn't respect myself either.

Don't judge me too harshly, I'm changing the ways. I have to live with it, and I don't want that hanging over me or come back to me 10 fold.

4 comments:

  1. Been there, done that. In my younger days... especially while in the Navy... wow. It is only by the grace of God that I didn't end up pregnant, dead, or with an STD cuz I NEVER used protection other than BC Pills.

    I think I was just looking for acceptance in ALLLLL the wrong places. But, then, how does that explain how I got my 2nd husband?

    Don't beat yourself up. Learn from it and move on and past it. Can't change the Past, but you can control your actions of the present and future.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kas.

    I was only physcial with one,(and not the married one) and we were safe. I understand about the Navy though. I have a thing for military men, alas my nacy friends won't let me date any of the men they work with. What happens at port, stays at port. lol

    Thank you for the supportive words Kas and not beating me down more than I do myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's human nature to be wrong doll. Everyone makes mistakes, hell I've been the other woman twice or three times. Exactly what Kas said - don't beat yourself up over it. It's so important that you are aware and you can now be in a better state of mind knowing fully that what you do can impact the lives of others. You are taking a step into your own good karma. Sometimes I can only see the negative. I can only see one side of the story and I dismiss how it will effect others and their relationships.

    My whole drama thing with T2 really got me thinking.

    I was creating my own karma full of negativity when all I had to do was have a little faith in my man. If all he was doing was trying to ignore this chick, then honestly, she's creating her own karma (shitty shitty karma).

    The difference is, is that you see clearly and you are able to see wrong from right AND you're actually reassessing all these morals and such.

    You go girl :) I have faith.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...