Actually it's the property owner, again.
My dishwasher isn't draining properly for the last two weeks.
I finally called cos we can not find anything from our end clogging the drain.
Of course the property owner sends me a form to sign saying I agree to paying the fees for the repairs. I laughed at him again. Asked him when he was going to stop pulling illegal shit. He must really think women are stupid. His reply was "show me anywhere it says it's illegal for me to charge you for the repairs". Laughing, advising him he'd have it in his email inbox first thing in the morning.
Sent him the following.
http://www.rto.gov.bc.ca/documents/GL01.pdf
Incase the link does work, the residential tenancy policy guideline says:
Major Appliances:
1. & 2. don't apply today.
3. The landlord is responsible for repairs to appliances provided under the tenancy agreement UNLESS the damage was caused by the DELIBERATE ACTIONS or NEGLECT of the tenant.
So lets see. I've been there 9 years entering my 10th years. This is the first time I've ever had an issue with the dishwasher. (previous times have included the fridge). He always has to make it difficult.
I've attached a copy of the form to his contract work form with no signature on it. Also informed him in the email, that failure to repair appliances that belong to them and are their responsibility, will result with a filing of disputing resolution and request for decrease in rent as the dishwasher is an extra included in my rent. No dishwasher, my rent requires to be lowered as it's no longer available due to lack of repair from the property owners. I have to jump straight to these tactics as he will not take my calls or reply to emails or meet with me. It leaves me no choice but go to the law that enforces he follow these rules.
He's difficult cos he doesn't have a legal foot to stand on to evict me from the 900 sq ft corner suite with a view and hike up the rent. In short, this is his only way to force me out. 9 years, you'd think he'd learn by now, I'm not going to tire of fighting him on issues he's legally responsible for. I can only image how much more difficult life would be if he actually lived on site. HA, thank gawd he doesn't.
I can do without the dishwasher, but it's the principle of it.
Fix your fucking appliances when they break.
I'll let you know the outcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
In my humble days, I lived in an apartment complex and it was a complete nightmare. Literally, a gang of 4 men and one woman beat a man in the middle of the night in the parking lot of my complex and the managers did almost NOTHING. And that was the last straw! Between the loud tenants who stomped up and down the stairs at all times of the night, to the children of said tenants who threw rocks and played dodgeball at 7am....well....you know what happened. Boy, am I glad I moved out.
ReplyDeleteThat's horrible!
ReplyDeleteForunately I do not live even remotely in a neighbourhood like that.
On the plus side, we have a notorious motorcycle gang chapter house in the neighbourhood so we have almost none existant crime.
The property owner is a slumlord in the making. He banks on his tenants being afraid to dispute anything, so he gets away with what he wants, except when dealing with me.
Seriously. You need to move. I said it last winter when you had no heat. Move.
ReplyDeleteMight have too sooner than later when the company's new location is reveiled this week. :(
ReplyDelete