First of all, please excuse the style of this posting. I'm still foggy in the head from this cold. I seem to ramble, repeat points and words.
I had another decent experience at Addition-Elle at Market Crossing in Burnaby last night.I wrote this post a few weeks ago on the ridiculously positive bra shopping experience I had.
Last night, I didn't pan out as well as I'd hoped. Suggestion: More selection for size 18petite in narrow & bootcut leg pants. Of course the service was top-notch again. I did walk away with a few items I needed. (not to mention the 30% off I received on the scratch and win) Upon checking out, I mentioned to the girl that helped me last time etc, that I had blogged about the bra experience. She lit up, informing me someone at corporate had seen it, and had acknowledged her for the service well done!! :)
More companies could learn a few basic things from the customer service at this store!!! Seriously.
I've been to other plus size stores, walked around with my arms full of heavy clothes, while the staff stood around doing nothing, ignoring the fact I'd been requiring assistance.
Eg: #1
One time, I was so frustrated at the lack of service, I took the clothes I had gathered, took them up to the girls gossiping about what he/she said etc for the last 20 minutes, handed them my clothes and rudely remarked, since they clearly had nothing to do,(like help customers they're getting paid to help) they could put back all these clothes I had pulled to try on and had planned on buying the items that fit.....now, I wasn't going to do any of that. And left. I've been back to that store once or twice in the past years and the service still sucks donkey ass.
It's really unfortunate that many of us have been at the receiving end of staff who could care less about the people that walk into their store. Regardless of the type of store.
Eg: #2
When I had first gained weight years ago, I was only a size 14/16. (up from a size 8/10) I was browsing the bootcut jeans at the Gap @ Metrotown. Upon being asked if I needed help looking for anything, I mentioned that yes, I'd like a pair of the bootcut petite 14 jeans. I was met with a once over look from the guy, where he replied in a scoffing tone, "We don't carry your size, try shopping online". *blink* Loudly informing him that they did carry my size as I was WEARING the size 14 bootcut jeans from that very store I had bought a month earlier. His response... shrugged and walked away. Just to be clear, I still love the Gap and it's clothes, 75% of the time the service. Just wasn't impressed with the berating tone from the jerk who told me to shop online. So much to learn little one.
Those are the, thankfully, only two horrible clothing experiences I've had.
So companies out there plus size or not, apparel or not, take your lead from the outstanding customer service at Addition-Elle. I know it's just a job to many people out there, but how you act towards people giving you their hard earned money, say a lot about your professionalism and possibly the people you work for. You don't care that persons A, B or C may never return to the store you worked at cos the lack of service,but I can guarantee the corporate portion does. Which, if the right person complains, could land you without a job as a result.
Do unto others. It's simple, basic common sense, in life and business.
Well done again Addition-Elle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
For me I count judge my purchasing on if I am acknowledged walking into the store, if I am asked if I need assistance and if they are attentive to me in the change room. I am aware that I'm not the only customer in the store but if I'm going to spend money you do need to provide me a service beyond the stock - that is your job, no? You go girl! Fight the insensitivity.
ReplyDelete