It's no secret now that I'm looking for new employment due to the company I work for being sold. With that, I know exactly when my end date is. :-)
I've set my resume up on a few big name employment sites last night. Both of which potential employers can search you out. Today, I received a phone call requesting to discuss my experience etc.
Upon calling them back, I googled the phone number first. It's a temping agency. No where does it say I'm looking for temp work, and the infor I posted clearly states what I'm interested in, why and when I'm available.
This girl, while pleasant, continued to call me by the wrong name. Correcting her each time. Each time. She sounded confused when I advised her I wasn't interested in temporary work.
She would say things like, "Are you just temping until the new year then looking for new employment?". or "How are long is your contact there for?", and without listening to my responses, "Well, why don't you contact me closer to when you're available for work, and I'll help you find some temping".
Informing her repeatedly, that I was employed full-time until the New Year, and was looking for full-time, stable employment. Hoping to be gainfully employed full time permanent with a new company with a start date of Jan 3, 2012.
She still didn't get it.
I had to simply ask her if she actually read my resume and cover letter etc. Cos it was clearly stated as to what the situation is. Had she read that, she would have known. I understand she's just recruiting etc. but come on... know your audience.
I had to laugh when she asked me to pass along her contact information to anyone else in the accounting dept that may need her assistance. I giggled, and advised "Sure I'll send that infor to NY for you".
This contact bugged me slightly as the information was there to be had. Had it not, I'd understand completely her calling me.
Know your audience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
I love when people that half do a job ask you to pass along their ineptitude to someone else. As if you'd really do that to someone you liked. Lulz.
ReplyDelete