Wednesday, 16 November 2011

JOB OFFER.

.......and the results are in.......

I was not offered a position with the new company.

How do I know?
Cos the job offers were sent out by email to those they wanted etc. Those who are not offered, were not. So much for the sit down one on one they said in the email. I was going to stay optimistic til the end of the day. But really, I know better. If the offer did not come in today with those who received one. Then it's not coming.

I'm not bitter. I'm not. It's just business, and now a much more realistic stress of knowing I have to find a new job. I really do not want to fall back on my severance at all if I can avoid it.

Anyone know the percentage of luck I'll have finding new employment in December for a January 2012 start? .... Anyone? Anyone? It's low.

Building character. :)
Fingers crossed. Please send me your good vibes. Actually send them to potential new employers to give them the extra sense to hire me. :)

That would be friendly. Thanks.

8 comments:

  1. Excuse my french, but that right there is a prime example of why this is a good thing. E-mailing people job offers and they can't even tell you no face to face. What chickenshits!

    And I think December/January is when people quit their jobs anyway. You might be in at the perfect time. You either get hired at the end of the year, or you get hired en mass during the summer.

    I'm biting my nails in nervousness! I hope you get something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm not completely thrilled with how things are going about. The week isn't over. I'm trying to be optimistic.

    Although, with the exception of one that I know of.... No one with kids, have been given any offers.
    And no team managers so far. (all hearsay, and I'm not asking)

    Thanks for the upbeat input. You could be right. I could find something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when people say this to me, but it normally is true- it just wasn't meant to be. Hang in there. The right job will come along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks doll.
    I've had my cry with the workwife, whom was offered a position. I'm thrilled for her!

    I'm hurt and slightly embarrassed that they didn't feel I was worthy. But in the end, it can also come down to if the big man boss likes you. And in my case, he does not.

    To top it off, my boss offered to give me a substantial work load and training in areas I'd been begging for all these years. I'll be talking to her tomorrow just to ask "why now?" when I'd been begging for the work all this time. I know it came from a good place, but that kind of adding salt to an open wound.

    Building character I didn't know I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UM... I'm stupid sometimes, but I would have a HARD time not just walking out now.

    I know that's wrong and all, but dayum!!!

    Prayers for your and fingers crossed and all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kas - The stipulations in our severance packages were very well written to prevent this from happening. Smart on their part for sure.

    I've had my cry. My anger. Sucking it up. Moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks and this sucks.

    Sorry to hear this is what you're being faced with and of course - prayers, luck, hope or whatever you believe in is being sent your way!

    Good side? Severance. Without knowing the details of what this place is offering I can tell you the last couple of people I know of who lost their jobs got 2 weeks and a box of tissue. I hope yours is much more substantial.

    Suggestion (something I'll be working on this evening) - create some cold call cover letters.

    Interested in a place doing what you do, knowing what you know? Send them a "I know you're not hiring but..." letter and resume.

    What are you losing?

    Keep your spirits up. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya I have a plan that I started executing last week.
    The severance package was generous. I'd perfer to not have to dip into it come the new year and just be employed.

    I have an interview tomorrow with the same employment agency that placed me in my current position. Acually its a test for my file (typing etc) and then an interview for a position within the agency. :) two birds, one stone.

    My employment searches revolve around admin support, account management, accounts receivable/paybles, accounting clerk, personal assistant/clerical admin etc... I wear many hats that are transferable, but it's finding a job that pays decent (not greedy) and is transit friendly.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...