Wednesday, 7 December 2011

If You Find My Sleep; Could You Tell It Where My Head Lays?

I can't sleep. It's been so long since my last bout of insomnia, that I forgot what it does to me. There was nothing gradual leading up to it. It wasn't up an hour longer each night etc... it was up 4.5 hours longer. I did not get to bed until 2:30am. I have to be up at 5-5:30am.  I might, might be under a little more stress than I like to admit. Add the Christmas season to that, and whola, I'm having a bout of insomnia.

To top that off..... I have to train someone today to do part of my job. No biggie. Still stings a little. But. But........ I'm only training her on what I trained the others on. Since anything more than that just gets ignored cos they know I'll be in the next day to deal with whatever errors or customs issues ensued. They won't have that luxury anymore.

 (not all of which are the shippers error - our invoices are impeccable. So much so, this courier uses our invoice template to train others, so I'm told.) I like the girl I'll be training. She's young in age, but so much older in wit and smarts.  She gets music and movie references far far older than her.

6 comments:

  1. When I have sleepless nights I am completely unproductive the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops sounds like you have the sleep schedule of a graduate student - and to be clear it's not what I want either...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOF. Insomnia sucks. I'm a fan of good old fashioned alcohol to take care of that. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alcohol, a stress cry and early bed is on the menu for tonight.

    Had a cry at work. (2nd time in 5 years) I went into the VP's office to chat about the recent enviroment changes etc, and ended up having a few tears there. Tears in the work wife's car at lunch, and could break down at any minute if someone were to look at me funny. lol

    I'm blaming it on the no sleep last night, full moon arriving and the last 12 work days before I become offically unemployed.

    With that being said. All those months on Accutane, and I woke up this morning with a small break out. Large enough to been seen and covered with makeup, still small in the realms of what was at the start of March 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember many a sleepless night between the announced plant closure and the day the final case of product rolled off the production line. We had 10 months between the announcement of impending closure (November) and the final production (following September).

    The sleepless nights come and go. Some weeks were worse than others. The really bad ones were when I had strips torn off me in public (grocery stores, arenas, Timmies) because I was closing the plant and they or a relative were losing their job. They completely forgot I was in the same boat they were...staring unemployment in the face. The threats almost guaranteed sleepless nights for a few days.

    I really feel for you...it's not fun what you're going through. I hope things work out for you, and quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're right. I had dinner with Single & Picky tonight, and was able to put things into prospective.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...