Saturday, 26 April 2014

It's easier.. sort of

I've been talking to a few guys. You that stupid stupid saying; "things happen when you're reallllllly not looking for them." Well, as it turns out, it rings true.

Although this time I'm not trying to fit into a mold to make the guy like me. I've been looking at what they like, in comparison to what i like, to see, well if I'd like spending time with this person.
Not sure why I had such a hard time with this in the past. I'm practicing what I'm preaching this time.

No hook ups. I make it clear early on, so they have an out. If they choose to stick around but lack asking things about me, they're gone too. Only the ones whose actions and words match, are getting my attention. Seems like common sense, it is. Again, not sure why I didn't have more self respect for my own needs, and wants. I mean, I've known for a long time what those things were... talked about doing it, but never applied it. Until now.

I cut things off with the ex of last year. Told him its a commitment or friends. Can't continue to do the off/on things when it's convenient, cos you're lonely, or when I am. I can't do both, it messes with my heart too much. He chose friends. I said I was fine with it, as long as he treats me as a friend.  We'll see how it pans out. I'd like to believe he meant what he said, however, that would be the hopeless romantic in me. I'll watch his actions over his words. His actions will tell me everything I need to know.

I think that is all I have at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...