Tuesday, 28 July 2009

UPDATE OF FAIL/COMPLETED 40 BEFORE 40 LIST

Completed items on 40 things before 40 list.
I still need 4 or 5 more items to add to the list… please suggest something.

#8 – Saturday Night Family/Friend Dinners - FAIL
After much effort, it just seems no one is interested in being part of this. My siblings are a joke. My friends, too lazy to rsvp or couldn’t commit. Seriously? Its on the same day of every month. Plan to be there or don’t. Don’t be wishy-washy about it.

#10 – Be part of a creative photo shoot – Fail.
I declined to be part of this particular shoot after seeing the story board for the shots. For one shot, I just did not see the artist view and found it actually to be degrading towards heavy set people. He said he needed fat people with a sense of humour (which I have) but I also have my self respect and esteem. So I’ve passed.

#16 – Join a Gym – DONE June 2,2009
I hate the gym. Hated it when I worked there. Now I’m a member.
I will love the results, but I’m not there yet.
It is a daily fight to even look at the place when I go by it on the train.

#20 – Learn about personal finances. – On Going Struggle
Since leaving the gym to take another job, I also took a hefty pay cut. (it was a healthy move), however, I’ve never quite adjusted to making $5G less a year. I have to relearn my budget and live within it. Its only been two years and I’m still living paycheck to paycheck with no savings.

#24 – Blog entry of First Dates – The good The Bad The ugly. DONE.
Have a peak at it, there are some doosies in there.

#27 – Family Cabin in September. – Done.
Well not yet, but my tickets are paid for. Booked time off work.
It will be bliss! To wake up to the sound of the lake under the cabin, birds, percolated coffee on the fire pit. Slow cooked meals on the fire pit, lazy days, wine, naps in the sun, kayaking, and most of all SILENCE! No city noise, no computers or phones.
Aaaahhhh… I know you’re all jealous. :)

#34 – No longer needing my siblings acceptance. – DONE.
After the fail family dinner and the responses of WHY they could not attend, I’ve stopped trying to make any effort to be close to my siblings. They most certainly are not trying nor seem to care. So why should I? I have my chosen family and they are blissful human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...