Am I crazy? Probably. Short bus nutz? No.
In the past years when I least expect it or want it, I'm extremely intuitive.
To the point of being almost creepy.
This only happens with a few people in my life and it's not all the time. Once in a blue moon the sick gut feeling happens when something huge is happening in the world. (9/11, Earthquakes etc - but not all the time)
Sometimes it's a gut feeling, other times it's a dream.
IN any case, when it happens, it's uncanny how on the mark it is.
There more things than listed below, but they were far to disturbing and still haunt me a little today... those will remain between my shrink and I.
Examples:
A highschool boyfriend of mine:
For years on and off I knew when he was thinking about me or was in the area.
As it turns out it was always correct and as far as being in the area... we've discovered that we've never lived more than a few blocks from each other and never knew it....for 20 years. Know how many times a person can move in that time and to always be in the same neighbourhood?
A more recent ex:
I could always tell again when he was thinking or talking about me. Worse so, I could tell if he was feeling guilty about something or was about to call me. With him, it was usually a stomach dropping sickness in my stomach mixed with butterflies. This varied based on what he was feeling.
Again, this was always confirmed with actions following thru.
Best Friend:
She had a full term stillborn 16 years ago.
I KNEW this baby wasn't coming to term, but how do you tell an expecting mother that? You don't.
And you NEVER mention it in the future.
She doesn't read this blog and if she did, she bores too easily to search out things.
We've sent each other the same xmas cards and wrapped presents in the exact same paper for xmas birthdays, even bought the same gift for each other etc. We both will get vibes like twins do and can feel the other ones intense emotional and/or physical pain. We just know, and we never discuss how or why, we just know.
More recently I knew what she was thinking and her weighing her pro/con list about moving back to her kids or staying in town etc.. I knew it all but she wasn't in the right head space to talk to her about it... so we did it by email. Something in the dynamic of that friendship has shifted and I cant feel where too....
My Mum:
I had a vivid dream that she was going to get hit by a limo on the way home from work one day.
I could see what she was wearing, the licence plate of the limo and the cross streets she was on etc.
I called her at work (I stayed home from school that day) and begged her to be extra careful, no stepping off the curb early etc.
On her way home that day, it all happened. Although she hadn't consciously made the decision not to step off the curb she said she was more in a trance and couldn't move off the curb as she watched the dark blue limo take the corner short and nearly hitting a few people. If she had stepped off the curb when the light turned green, it would have been fatal.
More recently (like last night):
I had a dream of my good friend having some hanky panky on the weekend.
I could see who she was with (although not the action of their night)
And although I don't know this person, personally, I have a distant admiration for him.
(He's a better looking version of a recent ex)
I received an excited email from her today that she had a great weekend and needed to tell me all about it. I asked if she got laid, and she replied it was sooooo much more than that.
She doesn't need to tell me. I already know and who with. :(
I want to be happy for her cos she deserves it and with a great person. But does it have to be with someone who looks ridiculously like my ex who just rejected me? It would be hard to be in the same room with him and not call him by the wrong name?
The question is why do I have to feel or sense any of this, ever?
In the past it's usually been just about myself (ex's thinking of me and friends needing an ear) but why do I need to know that.
I've talked to my shrink about this years ago. Surprisingly she wasn't judgemental, she encouraged me to tap into it. Intuition is a great tool on so many levels, she said.
That's one way to look at it. Or as another friend said, "you're a sensitive".
Wasn't sure what she meant cos she had not said "you're sensitive" rather you're a sensitive.
I looked it up.
Parts ring true and I'm quiet sure how I feel about it.
Good? Bad? Crazy?
Monday, 21 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
I've had similar experiences and it still freaks me out from time to time. An ex pretty much obliterated my heart and said the most awful things to me when we parted but e year later I can still feel it every time he thinks of me. Only now it hurts more
ReplyDeleteThe hurt will pass.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog.