Friday, 30 July 2010

Just Saying....

I've decided on a new blog name. Any guesses? lol
Just Saying.... I love ending statements on a sarcastic tone with that saying.
Hopefully it has staying power.

I don't drive. Well at the moment.
I have a licence, just no car. I am a prisoner of transits timetable, or lack of one.

A few times in the last couple months, a few co-workers have "offered" to drop me off at a train closer to my house cos it's on the way, (I rarely ask a ride from anyone) only to have them retract their offer cos their plans changed.

I'm sorry, but if it were me and plans came up but I had already committed to giving someone a ride, I would follow thru with my offer then proceed with my new found plans.  Cos from where I sit, when this becomes a common occurrence (not just towards myself) it makes me view you as less reliable and makes your word invalid.

I think there is a lack of manners in people more so in the past 4 ish years since online dating became an acceptable social media outlet and facebook became public.

Where are all the manners?
I guess I'm not hip enough to be socially rude, nor do I ever want to be.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree about the lack of manners - the kind of behavior there is around online dating would ensure that the large majority of those involved would always be single...As to FB and Twitter, it has definitely dissolved any grammar or spelling skills we once had.

    Though I will say post Olympics I have noticed more Transit users saying Thank you to bus drivers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I always say Thanks to the drivers.
    I wouldn't want their jobs.

    Grammar, hmmm 140 characters for twitter & texting, fine.

    But when you're talking to me on the phone, or emailing me, use full complete words and sentences and for the love of gawd, use your spell check!!!! Otherwise you become subject for me to make fun of your ineptness....Just sayin... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The newest version of my iphone has spell check. Woo! (which is where I mostly check FB).

    Mainly I've just noticed a decided uptick in entitled people. Especially in my apartment building. Hence why I'm getting the F out of here! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...