Thursday, 15 July 2010

Lack Of Updated Blogs I Read

I read 43 blogs, daily. Well I use too.

Out of those 43 (not including my own) 5 update on a regular basis. Another handful have notified their loyal followers that they are too busy with life and updates will be sparse for the next bit.
The rest, well, haven't updated anything in well over a month.

These blogs help me "look busy" at work when it's slow 95% of the time. If you were not aware, "looking busy" IS-A-JOB-SKILL! Seriously.  I've got a few creative friends trying to assess a way I can re-word that and put it on my resume. lol

As a result of the lack of updates and my own boredum,  I created new files under my favorites.
Daily reads and everything else.  I either must start deleting old blogs, find new ones to read or hope that the old ones start up again.

Nothing worse than finding a great read to have to them stop writing. ugh.

7 comments:

  1. I think everyone is on summer vacation or something. Or maybe there is a natural rhythm of blog creation and attrition? Dangit, I've been neglecting mine, haven't I? Thanks for the not-so-subtle hint ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. LB@30 - Your updates are not sparse enough to delete.

    I think you're onto something with the natural rhythm of blog creation. I've been guilty of it myself in the past.

    It's summer and I just have less to write about.
    Dates are down, friends are away, work is...well work. And then there is the annoyance of work blocking certain blogs from our browsers cos of key words.. booooo (I just read those ones at home)

    Have and suggestions to who I should read of your list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogs? Hm, lets see.

    Have your read man-shopper? She cracks me up! http://manshopping.wordpress.com/

    Or Mike? www.Mikethemasterdater.com

    I'm on the search for new ones too. Seems like no one is updating anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that the blogs you read help you to look busy! I'm sure you will find plenty more reading material.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only just stumbled across the blogging world in recent weeks and I've started reading yours - I'm finding it interesting reading so far, and I see what you mean about several other linked blogs having stopped in recent weeks. When I start reading a story I'm curious to know the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LB@30 - I read Mikethemasterdater, but from home due to particular word blocking at work.

    Matt79 - welcome to my blog! Just took a peak at yours, loved it!.
    Sorry my blog has been a little boring as of late. I haven't been going on dates or looking. But rather going thru more personal growth. (groan).

    LB@30 made a good point though, blogs have a natural rhythm according to the seasons.

    Ca88 - Thanks for continuing to read and leaving comments! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Random Updates October 2025

 I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...