As mentioned before, as part of my treatment for my acne I've been assigned to take bcp's for 3 months.
I start them tonight. :( :) I have mixed feelings about being on birth control let alone and over the age of 35.
It's 3 months. I'll be taking Yazmin. "Apparently" this one is good for the least about of weight gain.
THANK GAWD!!! Cos I'm a girthy gal to begin with and working hard at losing the weight I put on after my folks passed on. I do not need ANYTHING working against me, well unless its a guilty pleasure comfort food. Oh Shut up. Don't judge me.
Pro's.
- I like the idea of knowing EXACTLY when I'm due for my womanhood to pay me a visit.
- Shorter cycles. Est 3 days, compared to the 7 I'm use to now.
- Helps Acne. (we'll see).
Con's
-Synthetic hormone in my body.
-cos I'm over 35 I'm now in the 4-10% of increased chances of heart disease, blood clots etc.
(Under 35 is 1-3%). Um thats a large jump, in my opinion.
- Stronger mood swings, more emotional.
Great I'm going to be a raging lunatic, like I"m not moody enough at this time of the month..
Just ducky.
I checked with my family doctor in addition to the dermotolgist about being on it, since he knows my helath history etc (hypothyroidism). He gave two thumbs up and said that I am as healthy as can be, aside from my weight. (obviously).
So that is it. I'm offically at my 3 pill limit + plus one cream starting tonight.
I just hope when all is said and done, that this hormonal flare up doesnt continue.
Fingers crossed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Updates October 2025
I no longer work directly with the Screaming Banshee! Back in June we had a meeting and completed a manager's shuffle. The company does...
-
I've noticed a theme among many blogs this morning. Reflection. Notes to younger self. et cetra. I would love to say I could write a n...
-
....... Yes it was rhetorical. Although I'm currently not dating cos I think men are stupid. I love men. I do. But I think I would lo...
I used to be on Yazmin. I did gain weight on it, but I'm pretty sure it was from my stressful lifestyle, not the pill. In fact My first couple years of marriage I was on it and lost a ton, so I'm sure it will be fine. Hope this works for you! I found your blog through Diary of Why.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kalee!
ReplyDeleteI'm on day 3 so far so good.
I'm suprised how quickly may 7 day gift turned into a barely there 3 days. BLISS.